DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Start up Gimbal

Palliz

Reactions
Anyone concerned about how violent the gimbal is on start-up? Mine throws itself to the extreme limits then settles down perfectly.........................trust this is normal?
Firmwares etc all up to date - flies beautifully pic/vids great - just more than a little concerned about the gimbal on start-up.....................?????

Anyone concerned about how violent the gimbal is on start-up? Mine throws itself to the extreme limits then settles down perfectly.........................trust this is normal?
Firmwares etc all up to date - flies beautifully pic/vids great - just more than a little concerned about the gimbal on start-up.....................?????
I would not call it violent, but my Mavic does the dance on start-up. It's just establishing its limits.

I would not call it violent, but my Mavic does the dance on start-up. It's just establishing its limits.
OK thanks for that Michael - wanted someone else's thoughts on the gimbal at start-up just to know it is expected AND normal..............looks so freakin delicate!

Reactions: DirkGently
its typical, the X5 start up is slower because of the size of the camera, the mavic camera is MUCH smaller and easier to move about so its faster.

OK thanks for that Michael - wanted someone else's thoughts on the gimbal at start-up just to know it is expected AND normal..............looks so freakin delicate!
It's probably a bit stronger than it appears. One BIG thing: REMEMBER TO REMOVE YOUR GIMBAL CLAMP BEFORE POWERING THE DRONE, and replace it when not in use.

I've had this start-up sort of calibration I think, but what gets me is that some times (has happened 3-4 times) it ends up stuck crooked downwards or sideways, then there's a warning about the gimbal obstruction in the app. I have to power cycle the unit for it to reset itself. This has happened randomly.

I've had this start-up sort of calibration I think, but what gets me is that some times (has happened 3-4 times) it ends up stuck crooked downwards or sideways, then there's a warning about the gimbal obstruction in the app. I have to power cycle the unit for it to reset itself. This has happened randomly.
This does not sound good, unfortunately. Have you contacted DJI?

I had exactly the same issue - which unfortunately got worse and worse. I contacted DJI and hopefully they will send a new one or repair the old one.

Only did 3 real flights and a couple of short ones.

It may have started after I removed the sticky label from the back of the camera - which your supposed to do.

Anyway searching Google brings back this issue a lot - its not a rare issue at all but quite common and I suspect a return to DJI is the only fix.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt