DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Insurance

Dingo93

Reactions
I have recently been calling a few State Farm agents in my area (Ohio) and they all have told me that I require another policy with them. I have read some of the threads on here where people have said they've gotten it without another policy. I was wondering if there was some shortcut around this or if anyone else has encountered this?

I talked to a buddy of mine who is an agent and he said that it goes on a Personal Article Policy.

I talked to a buddy of mine who is an agent and he said that it goes on a Personal Article Policy.

That's what I have been asking for. I then tell them what it would be covering and they don't have a problem but then they ask if I have another policy with them and that's where it ends because they say I need to have another policy in able to have a personal article policy.

Hmmmmm... Where are you located? I'll text my buddy real quick to see what the case is up here in Idaho.

Reactions: Dingo93
I didn't have any problems, My Mavic is the only thing insured with SF under PAP. I did have to make more then one call to get it..

Edit: I live in Washington State

Ask your agent what kind of an affect a PAP claim may have on your future rates is a) you stay with them, or b) you shop for new insurance. These are costs people are not considering. There is no free lunch.

Reactions: Dingo93
I didn't have any problems, My Mavic is the only thing insured with SF under PAP. I did have to make more then one call to get it..

Yea I have been calling to several locations but I think I found one that will actually write one without another policy. They said they would get back with me after they have written it up.

I have 3 DJI Drones and accessories, got a binder for all of it on a Personal Articles policy for $102/year, also included a new Canon DLR camera I threw in. Wichita, KS area. Great value to me!

Reactions: ICT_Flight
I'm curious if the agent has to be local? Let's say a willing agent could write the policies for anyone in any US state, and was 'promoted' here, to get tons of policies written. Win - win? Just thinking aloud....

While I'm at it, if one of you who has a policy just for PAP, would you PM me your agents name and number if they're willing to write one for a Minnesota resident? Thanks!

Steve

Update - 5/23/17 I just signed with a local agent for my FlyMore package and iPad mini 4 for $47 a year. Not so bad!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki