DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Mavic Insurance

Called my State Farm agent today just to see what they would say. She had no idea if they even offer drone insurance. She is looking into it and will get back to me.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

If/when you find an agent that will issue the insurance, ask them if there is any risk of premium increase (or non-renewal of your auto/homeowner's) if you file a claim on the drone. Report back here what you find out.

Reactions: IcySparks
This is my thoughts on it. I have this insurance in case it fly's away or if it goes in the ocean. The points are good about potential increase but if I do wreck it a complete gimbal repair is around 90 bucks based off of other post so I am still ahead. I may still buy the asurion again but we will see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
Asurion and DJI Refresh don't cover theft, fly always or water landings. What will you do then?

They all share the same claims database, so that can happen anyway. Not worth the risk for a $750 drone in my opinion. I'd rather just go with something like Asurion.
My wife works for State Farm and she says the same thing to me. She will not allow me to take a policy out on a drone like this because all the agencies have access to the same info. You make a claim and it can impact you.

Reactions: IcySparks
Asurion and DJI Refresh don't cover theft, fly always or water landings. What will you do then?

I assume you're asking me? I would pay $1000 out of pocket any day of the week to prevent my auto and homeowner policies from going up by that much annually for X years. I look at it this way... My insurance companies look for ANY reason to raise rates. "Free windshield replacement" after a rock strike? Rates go up. Tinkle on the seat? Rates go up. The last thing I need to do is file a claim for an amount that will, in all likelihood, be recovered by the insurance company with the next rate hike. It just doesn't make sense (to me) to use a big gun like a homeowner underwriter to cover something that is relatively inexpensive. $100k loss due to fire or hurricane? OK. But $1000? That's less than the deductible on all my policies.

Sounds like it's time for a lot of you to change insurance companies. I just filed a $3,500 claim with my insurance company couple weeks ago. They paid it without question minus my $500 deductible and promised me (in writing) that my rates would not increase.

Just heard back from my State Farm agent. They do not offer any drone policies. I live in Ontario Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sounds like it's time for a lot of you to change insurance companies. I just filed a $3,500 claim with my insurance company couple weeks ago. They paid it without question minus my $500 deductible and promised me (in writing) that my rates would not increase.

Wait until you renew.

Mind boggling that anyone would file a traditional insurance claim for something with a three digit price tag. If you can't afford to replace it, you can't afford to fly it.

Your agent/broker can't promise you that your rates won't go up on renewal. They're not the ones that assess your risk portfolio. That is done by underwriting, and they would never agree to hold your rates. Period. Everything goes into evaluating your risk. Your credit score, your motor vehicle record, your past claim history, your location, the number of crimes in your zip code, etc. Here's what will happen. Your rates will go up. You will wave your written promise in front of them, and they will say, "Oh, we're not raising it because of that claim... Everyone's rates went up." If you really believe a payout by your carrier won't increase your risk (and therefore premium), I have a some high and dry land for you in the everglades.

No don't leave. Lol. You have to admit that your no insurance rate increase statement was pretty stupid. Even more so if you believe it.

The one thing that people have to remember about forums is the moderators have no power. If they kick you off you just use a different email and new user name and you are back in minutes. A lot of people on forums have multiple user names and they use them all to solidify their point.

You might be mistaken on that longrange and guys lets not get argumentative in this . THINK :)
Think.jpg

The one thing that people have to remember about forums is the moderators have no power. If they kick you off you just use a different email and new user name and you are back in minutes. A lot of people on forums have multiple user names and they use them all to solidify their point.

You are mostly wrong. I've been on about 20+ forums for various hobbies over the past 8 years or so. The mods would probably not want everyone to know this, but they know your IP address. So when you change your email and user name it's just a matter of time before your banned again.

My sister worked for State Farm for many years, and I believe some of the info in this thread is completely untrue. And my State Farm agent told me as much when I took out the policy on my Mavic: A personal articles claim will in NO WAY affect your homeowners or auto policies......I believe it's basically against the law. She said if you have some claims on the Mavic, they may ask for a deductible to be implemented to continue the policy, or refuse to carry your Mavic anymore, but it has NOTHING to do with other policies. My sister said if someone's house burns down and there is a claim on the house and all the belongings it defiantly doesn't affect their rates afterword. Insurance can be one of the biggest scams on the planet in my opinion, but they are regulated heavily to protect consumers too.

And my State Farm agent has basically been a family friend for years, so I trust that she would not put me in a spot to 'screw' myself for the $60 a year she is getting from me. She would tell me if I'm putting all the rest of my policies at risk, that I trust.

I'm going to guess you've never had an insurance claim?

Plenty, and I've never seen everything skyrocket because of it. Recently had an ugly claim against me that was my fault, the only thing that went up was the vehicle that was used (not the rest of my vehicles), and they even gave us the option to take me off as a driver for that vehicle to keep the rate from going up. Glass claims? Plenty....so yeah, I have had.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998