DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Steps for selling a MM

Rchawks

Reactions
I'm selling a MM to a friend, what steps should I take to remove my information from my drone and account so he can create his own?

You don't have to do anything besides format the SD card if you let that go with the drone ... he need to create his own DJI account in order to use it ... he will not get access to your usage history if he doesn't have your DJI account credentials.

I'm not required to sign off of that drone under my account?...
No ... as long as you doesn't actively delete the flight logs through the app you will see that drone there with the flights you made. You will not be able to see flight he does with his accounts & he will not be able to see yours.

I too think there is nothing you need do.
I have several 2nd hand mavic minis and they all flew on my account without any problems.
I know one of the previous owners and even got copies of a few flight logs, those copies will not play in 'my' App.
Just for certainty. are you sure this is a Mavic Mini and not a Mini 2? Things can be more complicated with the Mini 2 as they can be 'bound' to the original owner's DJI account and or email address.

Reactions: Rchawks
One thought though, if you have the controller "bound" to the aircraft for the flyaway coverage, you should turn that off.

Reactions: Rchawks
I too think there is nothing you need do.
I have several 2nd hand mavic minis and they all flew on my account without any problems.
I know one of the previous owners and even got copies of a few flight logs, those copies will not play in 'my' App.
Just for certainty. are you sure this is a Mavic Mini and not a Mini 2? Things can be more complicated with the Mini 2 as they can be 'bound' to the original owner's DJI account and or email address.
Yep, the fist one.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrews297