DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still Works After 3 Months In A Tree!

stryszo

Reactions
Long story short, I bought a Mavic 3 months ago flew it about 30 times until I crashed into a neighbors tree using active track. I spoke to the neighbors when it happened and told them if it were to come down to bring it over. So 3 weeks in with multiple storms and no success, because I could see the Mavic from my back yard I decided to buy a new one. So I got my new Mavic and happy flying thinking the original Mavic won't come down till fall. Yesterday we had 40-60 mph wind storms, in thinking to myself if it doesn't come down today or tonight it will never come down without the tree people. So this morning I take my dog in the back yard and see the drone is not in the tree. Happily I walk over and don't find the drone anywhere. I ring my neighbors doorbell and my neighbor comes out with the drone in hand saying he found it early this morning and did not want to wake us. So I bring the drone home and it is working perfectly minus some broken propellers. Now the question is what do I do
With this drone, send it in or fly it? Pictures below...
9ad42235106865edd5e2703b2e1d4d62.jpg

In the tree, pic taken with new Mavic
2e6caa4e0e5feb51537623716f1e2c8f.jpg

Drone after recovery
8d81b2de7936446dedeef7ba638d858a.jpg

The largest damage sustained

Reactions: Clowed1 and M K
Wow. I would discard the battery to be safe; that's the most volatile component, and any environmental damage (water or over discharge could cause it to dangerously fail mid flight or worse during charging). There is no reason to believe that if the Mavic is dry inside and the electronics and camera are all working that it is not just good to go. Unlike a water landing in a river where there are plenty of mineral contaminates that can cause circuits to corrode or short over time, yours was hanging on a clothes line (figuratively). Keep it for a spare or fly it for a month to vet it out and then sell it as is at a discount with a story and disclaimer. Someone will want to give it a go at the right price.

Reactions: jointeffort and M K
Idea !!! [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

So I was robed at gun point for my drone , I was intending to sell a phantom and made the mistake of having my mavic on me and we'll let's just say I am thankful he gave me the new phantom 3 standard I was intending to sell him and he demanded my mavic pro , and like out of a,funny quintonterrinteno movie I thought about it for what felt to be 5 minutes , truly like 45 seconds, lol so in the end the bad. Guy made off with my drone and the remote and my iPhone 7, so I offer you the advice you have go heard before don't mgo alone , don't go at night and don't bring your mavic along with you when selling items on offer up . Now here's the irony , first , this drone were talking about was first intersepted by a "friend" of mine While I was over seas , when i returned home I found my drone missing , of course my friend came clean and explained blah blah blah who cares really but the story led to my Longley awaited mavic pro being registered to someone other than me , and was crashed DE limbing the back arms , so 's a sign of good faith I had him break his own pinky fingers and put it behind me , oh and did he purchase the dji care in the first 48 no of course not , so dji rejected my plea , even tho it had only been a few Meer days past . Even all the badgering I gave after sales customer service no luck but then through the mavic community's contributions I salvaged my mavic and he'd it running in days , amazingly Un attractive yet perfectly functioning . Minus the gimbal that had fractured if the vibration plate , that's how this story truly starts , and all took place only a month or so before I would lose my mavic again , over the next few weeks I began ordering parts and pieces to truly rebuild my mavic to a new refurbished state , rear limbs , svld wire ribon , PCB ribbon , gimbal protector , prop guards the works I wanted a fresh clean mavic . . Day of arrival I had just recipe ed all my parts in entirety and was going to commence field surgery yet again however , "Pete " he calls him self gad a different plan , ya Pete would end up strong arming me for my poor abused mavic , only didn't want , we'll "know" about the payload of special orders I had in the bag under my mavic he had noticed during our meeting to aquire my drone off me , so Pete got away after watching me debate wether or not I was gong to show him how fast I could disarm him and take his sole with me when I return to deployment to suffer along with the rest of us. He was unnerved by this delay in my response however he got away with my beat-up mavic Pro with no camera two broken legs perfectly brand new controller and iPhone 7 just kind of funny if you look at the entire story I finally had every last part to rebuild my mavic and here it goes again right out in front of me and that brings us to today I just visited my mavic from afar he is currently online for sale for $500 and a town 30 miles away and being the bigger person I'm supposed to let Karma or the universe take care of this one for me still drone Les though so if you have an extra drone coming up with the spare money to possibly pick up an extra remote control would be a whole lot easier then having to come up with the entire fund again so I log into my mavic application to see if I could find any signs of him having flown or anything and I forgot I joined this mavic for me I logged in and the first story I read was your unfortunate tree story the tree that took my drone out the first time was a palm tree and as well didn't come out for a few days for me will my friend so he says I'll stop rambling I'm in town for the next couple weeks and then I'll be gone for 8 months but if you need a loving caring home for your drone he'll see a lot of action with me and next time I won't give him up without a blaze of glory.
sincerely envious of you and your 2 mavics LOL.

Ps i have included some pictures of this drone short Journey around hope they make you laugh don't mind the paint I've always liked to put my own personal touch on things
By the way I have no mavic yet spare gimbal , ribon wire , and PCB , , legs ect . If you need any support let me know thanks for reading everyone. God bless America . **** ya

Eric Lee Salmons. [email protected]

0ebcdb6366954462e0ccd4586ee9e11e.jpg

a4c76367941b68cac0ae9e33173b93bd.jpg

15f43051792d6a69c5b30a2426d08e94.jpg

c88e6efced1823ea80bcda3fd7d4dff1.jpg

1e0b7a6fa82f2638af5b820a60a174ce.jpg

cb9f21bfd9ff9e252e6dd7f8086033f0.jpg
b21615264e3c19782dee6671aacaf1e6.jpg

b67db12070d8e7c1d7350c3f0c81e4cf.jpg

Long story short, I bought a Mavic 3 months ago flew it about 30 times until I crashed into a neighbors tree using active track. I spoke to the neighbors when it happened and told them if it were to come down to bring it over. So 3 weeks in with multiple storms and no success, because I could see the Mavic from my back yard I decided to buy a new one. So I got my new Mavic and happy flying thinking the original Mavic won't come down till fall. Yesterday we had 40-60 mph wind storms, in thinking to myself if it doesn't come down today or tonight it will never come down without the tree people. So this morning I take my dog in the back yard and see the drone is not in the tree. Happily I walk over and don't find the drone anywhere. I ring my neighbors doorbell and my neighbor comes out with the drone in hand saying he found it early this morning and did not want to wake us. So I bring the drone home and it is working perfectly minus some broken propellers. Now the question is what do I do
With this drone, send it in or fly it? Pictures below...
9ad42235106865edd5e2703b2e1d4d62.jpg

In the tree, pic taken with new Mavic
2e6caa4e0e5feb51537623716f1e2c8f.jpg

Drone after recovery
8d81b2de7936446dedeef7ba638d858a.jpg

The largest damage sustained

Since the MAvic isn't sealed, Id open it up and clean it out properly, you'd still get crud in there, clean out the internal fan, pop the motors and clean anything out of the motor bells and check the bearings. I'd be wary of the battery, but if it can pass a few bench charge and discharge cycles I'd fly it.

Reactions: jointeffort

So I was robed at gun point for my drone , I was intending to sell a phantom and made the mistake of having my mavic on me and we'll let's just say I am thankful he gave me the new phantom 3 standard I was intending to sell him and he demanded my mavic pro , and like out of a,funny quintonterrinteno movie I thought about it for what felt to be 5 minutes , truly like 45 seconds, lol so in the end the bad. Guy made off with my drone and the remote and my iPhone 7, so I offer you the advice you have go heard before don't mgo alone , don't go at night and don't bring your mavic along with you when selling items on offer up . Now here's the irony , first , this drone were talking about was first intersepted by a "friend" of mine While I was over seas , when i returned home I found my drone missing , of course my friend came clean and explained blah blah blah who cares really but the story led to my Longley awaited mavic pro being registered to someone other than me , and was crashed DE limbing the back arms , so 's a sign of good faith I had him break his own pinky fingers and put it behind me , oh and did he purchase the dji care in the first 48 no of course not , so dji rejected my plea , even tho it had only been a few Meer days past . Even all the badgering I gave after sales customer service no luck but then through the mavic community's contributions I salvaged my mavic and he'd it running in days , amazingly Un attractive yet perfectly functioning . Minus the gimbal that had fractured if the vibration plate , that's how this story truly starts , and all took place only a month or so before I would lose my mavic again , over the next few weeks I began ordering parts and pieces to truly rebuild my mavic to a new refurbished state , rear limbs , svld wire ribon , PCB ribbon , gimbal protector , prop guards the works I wanted a fresh clean mavic . . Day of arrival I had just recipe ed all my parts in entirety and was going to commence field surgery yet again however , "Pete " he calls him self gad a different plan , ya Pete would end up strong arming me for my poor abused mavic , only didn't want , we'll "know" about the payload of special orders I had in the bag under my mavic he had noticed during our meeting to aquire my drone off me , so Pete got away after watching me debate wether or not I was gong to show him how fast I could disarm him and take his sole with me when I return to deployment to suffer along with the rest of us. He was unnerved by this delay in my response however he got away with my beat-up mavic Pro with no camera two broken legs perfectly brand new controller and iPhone 7 just kind of funny if you look at the entire story I finally had every last part to rebuild my mavic and here it goes again right out in front of me and that brings us to today I just visited my mavic from afar he is currently online for sale for $500 and a town 30 miles away and being the bigger person I'm supposed to let Karma or the universe take care of this one for me still drone Les though so if you have an extra drone coming up with the spare money to possibly pick up an extra remote control would be a whole lot easier then having to come up with the entire fund again so I log into my mavic application to see if I could find any signs of him having flown or anything and I forgot I joined this mavic for me I logged in and the first story I read was your unfortunate tree story the tree that took my drone out the first time was a palm tree and as well didn't come out for a few days for me will my friend so he says I'll stop rambling I'm in town for the next couple weeks and then I'll be gone for 8 months but if you need a loving caring home for your drone he'll see a lot of action with me and next time I won't give him up without a blaze of glory.

Ps i have included some pictures of this drone short Journey around hope they make you laugh don't mind the paint I've always liked to put my own personal touch on things
By the way I have no mavic yet spare gimbal , ribon wire , and PCB , , legs ect . If you need any support let me know thanks for reading everyone. God bless America . **** ya

Don't take this the wrong way, but I literally just got a headache after reading your post.

Try using the heminwayapp.com, use paragraphs, and turn on spellcheck.

Just clean the Mavic and keep it. Use this one as your main drone and new as second(back up).

Reactions: mcDRONIN
Don't take this the wrong way, but I literally just got a headache after reading your post.

Try using the heminwayapp.com, use paragraphs, and turn on spellcheck.

I just copied and pasted it into Google translate and set it to Auto detect the language.

It came up with Gang-banger -- English and I got a clean translation.

Rob

Stryszo, next time you end up in tree (hopefully not) use a bit of fishing line and a sinker to throw over the branch then pull a sronger rope tied to the fishing line over branch. Then you can manipulate rope to either wiggle drone free or shake the **** out of branch to shake drone loose.

0ebcdb6366954462e0ccd4586ee9e11e.jpg

a4c76367941b68cac0ae9e33173b93bd.jpg

15f43051792d6a69c5b30a2426d08e94.jpg

c88e6efced1823ea80bcda3fd7d4dff1.jpg

1e0b7a6fa82f2638af5b820a60a174ce.jpg

cb9f21bfd9ff9e252e6dd7f8086033f0.jpg
b21615264e3c19782dee6671aacaf1e6.jpg

b67db12070d8e7c1d7350c3f0c81e4cf.jpg
..put the pipe down

Reactions: Slayerstwin
..put the pipe down

That's got to be a joke right? That was to funny to be anything else.

Long, sentences, that turn into long long long whatever's.

So his friend stole his Mavic, then it got stolen at gun point on Offer Up? Then he got it back? Or he's looking for a free Mavic? Oh I get it the spare Mavic? Charity Mavic?

Crazy. But entertaining

I just copied and pasted it into Google translate and set it to Auto detect the language.

It came up with Gang-banger -- English and I got a clean translation.

Rob
Most powerful gang known of having
Possession of over 7000 nuclear weapons, 13000 weaponized aircraft and a spending of over $600 billion a year on defense makes the US the most powerful military in the world.and thank you for your humor.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Most powerful gang known of having
Possession of over 7000 nuclear weapons, 13000 weaponized aircraft and a spending of over $600 billion a year on defense makes the US the most powerful military in the world.and thank you for your humor.

mcDRONIN... Hmmm... is that you Donnie? Remember, do not press the red button, OK?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78