DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange bright dot in footage...

Robstene Hardy

Reactions
Hello...
Anyone tell me what that bright circular dot that sometimes appears in footage, especially when your rotating your gimbal... I noticed it the other day flying over a field.

My thought is that its something to do with a sensor for calibrating focus but that's just my guess.

At first I worried it was a fault but I've just spotted it now in footage from a drone reviewer on YouTube too...

Many thanks.

I'll quickly upload the shot now for you to see... Maybe its a lens flare...

Just a bit annoying...

You see it straight away at the top centre of the screen.... And lasts for about 10 seconds...

The sun is behind and above you?

Grass tends to reflect light straight back a little brighter than in other directions. This can often make a brighter area.

Hello...
Anyone tell me what that bright circular dot that sometimes appears in footage, especially when your rotating your gimbal... I noticed it the other day flying over a field.

My thought is that its something to do with a sensor for calibrating focus but that's just my guess.

At first I worried it was a fault but I've just spotted it now in footage from a drone reviewer on YouTube too...

Many thanks.
That is an phenomenon seen when the observer (camera in this case) is back lit ... you have at least 3 slightly different phenomenon that create similar effects. You can't do anything about it besides keeping the drone shadow out of the picture.

Brocken spectre - Wikipedia

Heiligenschein - Wikipedia

Opposition surge - Wikipedia

You can see it here in one of my stills also ...

1589646593922.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki