DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange issues with image related to Micro USB to Lighting.

Hawthoa

Reactions
Greetings, I recently upgraded from the Phantom 3 to a Mavic pro and went out to test it out today, after messing with all the settings at home it seemed to have no issues. However, once I got out to test I would connect and see image for two seconds then nothing, everything said N/A, screen was black, however still said ready to go.

After a while, I figured out using an apple brand usb to lighting on the back of the controller instead of side worked perfectly. I have an Iphone 7 plus so the size is a bit awkward with the cable sticking out.

Once I got home I tried to troubleshoot it and get down to the bottom of whats going on.. so I tested the side micro USB to lighting and figured out I was only getting errors when using cellular data, it worked perfectly fine connected to wifi, but also worked fine on airplane mode.

Ideally, Airplane mode seems to be a work around but I prefer to see the GPS map data.
Also, yes it works when I plug in a USB to lighting in the back USB port.
Is this simply a faulty micro USB to lighting or is there some incompatibility with my app or phone?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112