DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe Placement Mavic Pro

If you buy into the triangle vision thing then somewhere very close to the motor pods up front and on the back side, the butt of the drone, for the white.

I am kind of surprised someone has not designed a mounting device to offer a mounting on the front legs.
On our MP the front strobes are located on the front side of the front arms because it allows us to fold and store the drone without removing the strobes.
Ideally I would put them on the back side of front arms at the the motor pod but that would not allow folding the drone without removing the strobe first.
If you are concerned about strobe flash in your camera then why not simply make a simple little shield you can stick to the strobe device itself to directionally block the flash in the direction of the camera
Aerial Pixel makes the I believe:
Aerial-Pixel - Vinyl Graphics, Vinyl Decals, Apparel, 3D Printing

Check the other threads on this. Get Firehouse ARC2 LEDs.. have 4 LEDs on each one. They are mounted in the Aerial Pixel mounts; a white on each rear arm and then red and green on front arms in aircraft fashion.

They run 3-4 hours on a charge and, of course flash independent of anything else the drone does.

Visibility will increase your max legal distance and if you crash or hang in a tree you can see them. I do use a tracker, but flying over 200’ tall pines it could save some grief.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky