DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Supposed Leak video of Mavic 2

I think it is a obvious fake however a new one is coming. If you look at some of the third party sellers like Apple they are now saying sold out. No longer back ordered or preorder. It had a 8 week estimate but it's gone. Mavic 2 or my hope a Phantom 5 with the Mavic style body and controller. Just larger with the 1" sensor camera.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

I will make a bet on that one. I do not think the Mavic2 will be any larger. I think that video for the most part hit the nail on the head. One of the glaring things that he got wrong was the rear section. He bulked up the area and moved it down so that the back becomes a landing gear. The problem is that he also left the original rear landing legs on the bottom. What would be the point since they no longer touch the ground. Also the way that rear piece is designed makes no sense, it would be roughed up in no time.

Reactions: Bigpoppapump
They still have not supplied the largest retail outlets like Amazon, Apple, Bestbuy and B&H, not to mention numerous hobby stores. All of their distribution outlets are saying March 20th. As for what DJI says on their forum, they Lie!
Some lucky souls do get one shipped in 3-4 days and others wait for weeks and weeks. It all depends on if they are ready to ship a batch to your Geo Zone and if they have surplus in that batch.
I ordered a Mavick Pro and 2 extra batterys from DJI store on the 16th Feb and they shipped the next day on the 17th Feb at 4pm. I was shocked as well?

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

No I
I will make a bet on that one. I do not think the Mavic2 will be any larger. I think that video for the most part hit the nail on the head. One of the glaring things that he got wrong was the rear section. He bulked up the area and moved it down so that the back becomes a landing gear. The problem is that he also left the original rear landing legs on the bottom. What would be the point since they no longer touch the ground. Also the way that rear piece is designed makes no sense, it would be roughed up in no time.

I don't think the Mavic 2 will be larger might even be smaller. I was referring to the next Phantom. I am hoping the Phantom 5 folds up like the mavic and has the camera forward too. It would also be nice if its like the Karma with a removable camera and handheld adapter like the Inspire/Osmo.

NO! Not allowed! They just started shipping and I just got my Mavic last week. They are not allowed to release a new one for at least 6 months.

LOL this guy did a really good job, it's exactly what I expect it to be like with a few tiny exceptions. Hats off to him. WTH if it's real....

Rob
If it IS true, the good news is that it is "not available until 2018" as opposed to next month !

No thanks. Think of how the public reacts. "It's a drone that can zoom. OMG IT'S SPYING!!!!"
oh man it would be so cool especially with interference with the antenna. I could actually see my radio tower for cracks and paint problems.

Besides there are already zoom drones they are just like in the 3500 range.

It may be fake but it's a logical evolution of a great compact drone. I see the Phantom series being extinct in the near future. You want a big commercial drone well the Inspire 2 and up are the way to go. You want a compatible drone that shoots production video, makes perfect sense that they would evolve the Mavic.

I don't see what benefit upward facing optical sensors would provide, since the sky and most ceilings don't have high contrast patterns.
The sky has very high contrast patterns when there is a tree branch between the drone and it...

They cannot produce enough Mavics to meet demand and it is clear that even by May-June they will still be behind in production. They would first need to get ahead of demand and then produce enough extra stock to keep the suppliers happy for a year or so. Only at that point would they then retool the factory to start making the Mavic2. I just don't see that happening in 2017.

I ordered mine direct from dji and received it in about 5 days.

Well the lead time is now 1-3 days (see my other post and email I had from DJI).

They did the same with the phantom 2 & 3 range, did some sneaky updates in spring time.
New motors etc.

Depends were you are. In Switzerland the Fly More combo is on backorder pretty much everywhere with lead times of three weeks +

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife