DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sweating Battery?

khooper802

Reactions
Hello everyone, I recently just pulled my Mavic battery from the charger and I noticed when I was carrying it that it was wet... Not soaked but just a thin layer of what I would consider sweat. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks

Are you carrying it with your bare hand?
Yes, but my hand was not sweaty, it was the bottom of the battery on the black area and a little on the gray. Way to much for my hand to get on it. I did have a "Battery Discharge Error" during flight as well...

Do you think it's condensation? Where were you charging it? Was it near some place that had high humidity? Was it hot when you stuck it on the charger? Batteries dont sweat.

Reactions: Anthonyk
Do you think it's condensation? Where were you charging it? Was it near some place that had high humidity? Was it hot when you stuck it on the charger? Batteries dont sweat.
It was hot when I put it on, probably 5-10 minute after flight. I was charging it on top of my desk...

Maybe it was more humid in your house than it was outside. Did you wipe it off and did it look like water?
Maybe... I just wiped it off with my sleeve. I checked for any leakage or anything but didn't see anything. I just did another flight and didn't have any issues with it.

Reactions: Former Member
Hopefully condensation. The fluid from lipo’s has a very strong “spirits” smell to it

It was hot when I put it on, probably 5-10 minute after flight. I was charging it on top of my desk...

I'm pretty sure the Mavic batteries won't charge again until they cool to a certain temperature but its generally good practice to wait for lipo's to cool down before charging them again...

Agree; never charge battery when its warm, let it cool down. good to have at least two battery's.
Good to read Manual about care of battery's, discusses proper care and feeding rules to follow.
Happy flying.,

Reactions: Afremont
Not sure about the stock hub but the advanced hub won't actually charge your flight batteries when they are hot - you just get a single led flash on the battery until it cools down. I'm just saying you don;t have to wait for your battery to cool down, just put it on charge and let the hub do that for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_