DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching devices

Trini_MP

Reactions
Pilots...

I was using a Samsung galaxy s7 where I had all my settings configured.... I will be switching to an iPad air 2.

My question is

Would I have to reconfigure all the settings that was in the Samsung to the ipad

All aircraft related settings are kept in the craft itself. I switch between devices regularly. My S7 was stolen the other week. So I just got an old Android phone I had still lying around and the settings were just the same. However, a new GO version install sometimes resets some settings to default. This is supposed to be normal and can happen on any device.

Last edited:
Would I have to reconfigure all the settings that was in the Samsung to the ipad
You would only need to reset the settings that were stored on your mobile device. For example, the video cache related settings.

As @Lake_Flyer mentioned, the majority of the settings are stored on the Mavic. You should only need to reset those after installing new Mavic firmware (which reverts the Mavic settings to the defaults).

When you get your iPad setup, double-check all of your settings before your first flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai