DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

System error?

dennyc39

Reactions
I have a new Mavic Pro with 0 hours of flight time. I have it powered up with props removed on the ground while I get familiar with the remote and with DJI GO app. Have used the simulator a little bit.

My remote continually displays "Sys Warning --- check App". However, I don't notice anything wrong on the app, and the drone seems to respond on the simulator. I can drive the camera gimbal around and snap pictures.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this. I'm reluctant to fly when this rather smart system thinks something is amiss, and the system is smarter than I am at this point.

The phone is a "BLU" unlocked smart phone, recently purchased, with no phone contract. It seemed to install OK and run the DJI GO app.

I have a new Mavic Pro with 0 hours of flight time. I have it powered up with props removed on the ground while I get familiar with the remote and with DJI GO app. Have used the simulator a little bit.

My remote continually displays "Sys Warning --- check App". However, I don't notice anything wrong on the app, and the drone seems to respond on the simulator. I can drive the camera gimbal around and snap pictures.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this. I'm reluctant to fly when this rather smart system thinks something is amiss, and the system is smarter than I am at this point.

The phone is a "BLU" unlocked smart phone, recently purchased, with no phone contract. It seemed to install OK and run the DJI GO app.
its possible you just made a flight error in the simulator

If the RC is showing them, then return it. It has nothing to do with the App

Well, the message is persistent, whether using the sim or not. I discovered something, though, when inspecting the drone status table by touching the quad icon; The visual sense system wanted calibration. I'm having some trouble getting this done, but my hope is that a freshly calibrated vision sense will allow the message to go away.

Well, the message is persistent, whether using the sim or not. I discovered something, though, when inspecting the drone status table by touching the quad icon; The visual sense system wanted calibration. I'm having some trouble getting this done, but my hope is that a freshly calibrated vision sense will allow the message to go away.
I too received that same error when my vision sensors needed calibration. Calibration doesn't work with some computer screens (depending on resolution). It was my laptop that saved the day. Error gone.

Followup: Could not be calibrated by any means. Tech support judgement is that it is defective. Sending back for exchange.

Followup: Could not be calibrated by any means. Tech support judgement is that it is defective. Sending back for exchange.
Well that sucks, but at least its being taken care of

I too received that same error when my vision sensors needed calibration. Calibration doesn't work with some computer screens (depending on resolution). It was my laptop that saved the day. Error gone.
I saw on a youtube explanation screen has to be 1600x900 for the dji assistant 2 so that the geometry of the dots is known.

Makes sense - my laptop is 1600x900 and was the only monitor that worked for me.
Just installed dji assistant 2 very 1.2.3 and tried it on 1600x900 but kept getting message movement detected. So I raised my chair and tried on my 1920x1080 and worked much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d