DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet mount or adaptor for tripod?

I've been satisfied with this product from Norway.

I fly a Mavic Air 2 with a Tripltek tablet that is heavy and this rig is rock solid.

It's permanently installed on the controller so my case has been modified to accommodate it.

It has a 1/4 -20 hole for a tripod mount.

Another popular tablet holder is the Mavmount system and it's made in the USA.

It probably has a 1/4-20 hole too.

Have fun shopping. :)

Reactions: Gagey52
Have to agree with MA2 317, the LifThor is a great bracket, I also use the quick release bracket with it.
Regards

Reactions: MA2 317
You can look into MavMount as they are rock solid and have the ability to mount your Tx/Display to a Tripod via 10-24 receptacle. As a bonus, the owner/creator of the MavMount is a member and Approved Vendor here. He may chime in as well @Aerial West

Aerial West

Thanks for all the useful suggestions, everyone. Could any of you share pictures showing your brackets and phones or tablets attached to a tripod? I also use a Hoodman, so there's a fair amount of gear to balance.

Last edited:
I got one of these - works perfectly with my iPad Mini, and I'm quite happy with it:

HeiyRC Adjustable Tablet Extended Bracket Holder for DJI Mini 2/Air 2S/Mavic 3/Air 2/Mini 3 Pro Drone Remote Controller 7-10.5 Inch Tablet Clip Stand Mount Extender for iPad Mini/Air Accessories

610BjFYbW5L._AC_SX679_.jpg

This is, of course, not for a tripod...it's hard for me to imagine using the drone much in a fixed location (as a tripod implies); for me, moving around (sometimes more than a little) is pretty much a requirement.

(Although it works much better if you actually plug in the cable between the controller and the iPad...unlike the nimrod in the photo...that's not me, that's from the vendor.)

Could any of you share pictures showing your brackets and phones or tablets attached to a tripod?

Here's mine with the bracket from Thor's Drone World.

IMG_20220930_154027954~2.jpg

Here's a few more...

IMG_20220930_153755426_HDR~2.jpg

Here's the best thing I like about the rig, I can set it down on a table and it doesn't fall over. 👍

IMG_20220930_162108832~2.jpg

IMG_20220930_162240054~2.jpg

A lanyard helps when you have to be a human tripod. ;)

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Jheeeese! That looks clumsy and HEAVY!
Thank goodness I only ever hand carry the RC, can't see where a fixed RC would be used?

Jheeeese! That looks clumsy and HEAVY!
Thank goodness I only ever hand carry the RC, can't see where a fixed RC would be used?

I don't use it myself.

I was providing an example of what it looks like on a tripod for AdamBolonsky.

The tripod may be useful if you are at an event where you need to be in one position all day and don't want to carry it.

An example may be filming a race on a closed course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J