DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet mounts

MichaelDiggs

Reactions
I like to use something larger then a tiny iPhone screen so I use my Apple iPad. Until now I have ones that sit the tablet right in front of the remote screen and you cannot see the remote screen at all. There must be a better way. Or eventually a DJI worker will fly one of their drones one day and try to use a tablet and start scratching his/her head and see that the whole tablet covers the remote control screen.

The ONLY one I have ever seen that may give relief is this one, but it is a whopping $80. It's called the Polarpro Flight Deck. I like the metal tighteners.
FlightDeck - Monitor Mount | Mavic Remotes

Anyone else have any suggestions on what type of tablet mount to get? Amazon has lots of them, but it looks like they all cover the remote.

Thanks

I like to use something larger then a tiny iPhone screen so I use my Apple iPad. Until now I have ones that sit the tablet right in front of the remote screen and you cannot see the remote screen at all. There must be a better way. Or eventually a DJI worker will fly one of their drones one day and try to use a tablet and start scratching his/her head and see that the whole tablet covers the remote control screen.

The ONLY one I have ever seen that may give relief is this one, but it is a whopping $80. It's called the Polarpro Flight Deck. I like the metal tighteners.

Anyone else have any suggestions on what type of tablet mount to get? Amazon has lots of them, but it looks like they all cover the remote.

Thanks

Actually, what they could do would be to make the expanding "jaws" that hold the phone, with another articulation point, allowing them to expand just another inch or so to hold 8 or 10 inch devices.

Reactions: MavicPro2
Reactions: go fast

Thanks
The polar pro flightdeck still obscures the controller screen which is a shame as its a quality looking accessory.

Actually, what they could do would be to make the expanding "jaws" that hold the phone, with another articulation point, allowing them to expand just another inch or so to hold 8 or 10 inch devices.
Exactly! You could understand them fluffing this up on the MP1 as a "Dohh" moment, but they should have nailed the controller for the M2P. No excuses

i have the MavMount 3.0 w/CS adapter & ipad mini4 adapter....both work good for me... but now that i have a CS/Ultra ,i have my ipad mini4 as a back up....IMG_4043.JPGIMG_4046.JPGIMG_2930.JPGIMG_3730.JPG

i have the MavMount 3.0 w/CS adapter & ipad mini4 adapter....both work good for me... but now that i have a CS/Ultra ,i have my ipad mini4 as a back up....View attachment 57956View attachment 57957View attachment 57958View attachment 57959
:D hahahaa, sorry man I always have to laugh when I see one of those dustbin setups! No way would I be seen dead using one of those contraptions, they look ridiculous. Its a good job i live in the UK where the sun never shines or I would have to take up a new hobby

Reactions: MavicPro1966
Freewell light has been great so far, easy ball joint adjustable and super stable once tightened in place.

i have the MavMount 3.0 w/CS adapter & ipad mini4 adapter....both work good for me... but now that i have a CS/Ultra ,i have my ipad mini4 as a back up....View attachment 57956View attachment 57957View attachment 57958View attachment 57959
I bought the Mav Mount. ITs very heavy with the clumsy monopod ball. And they charge a massive amount of $$ for the **** lanyard which most folks give out free at any trade show. Moreover Mav Mount coupling defeats the easy use of the original DJI $79 clamp with the internal cable connection. SO I switched to a system that uses the DJI mount and a simple 3-D printed mount that slides into the claws. Done

I bought the Mav Mount. ITs very heavy with the clumsy monopod ball. And they charge a massive amount of $$ for the **** lanyard which most folks give out free at any trade show. Moreover Mav Mount coupling defeats the easy use of the original DJI $79 clamp with the internal cable connection. SO I switched to a system that uses the DJI mount and a simple 3-D printed mount that slides into the claws. Done
Did you buy a pre-printed 3D mount, or did you print it yourself? I have a 3D printer, but some of the prints look pretty flimsy. I would much prefer hearing from people who have the 3D printed items and how they work.

Did you buy a pre-printed 3D mount, or did you print it yourself? I have a 3D printer, but some of the prints look pretty flimsy. I would much prefer hearing from people who have the 3D printed items and how they work.
No
I don't have a 3-D printer. I'd check Pola Pro if you can...my mount was printed by Ralph Rigdon of FLY HIGH USA. Frankly its just ok. I think the Polar Pro is tapered on the leading edge, creating less strain on the claws. I like Polar Pro gear, their ND filters their Mavic P2 leg extensions are really great.

No

I don't have a 3-D printer. I'd check Pola Pro if you can...my mount was printed by Ralph Rigdon of FLY HIGH USA. Frankly its just ok. I think the Polar Pro is tapered on the leading edge, creating less strain on the claws. I like Polar Pro gear, their ND filters their Mavic P2 leg extensions are really great.
The advantage of Ralph Rigdon's unit is that you dont have to use another party's mounting on the Crystal Sky. Ralph incorporates the DJI mount so that it couples perfectly. You don't need to remove the 3rd party clamp off the bottom of the Crystal Sky to use it on another controller. Further, I use the 7" Crystal sky and with the heavier Monopod Ball Mount of Mav Mount, it is simply clumsy and heavier.

No

post up some pics of ur Cs set up

I bought the Mav Mount. ITs very heavy with the clumsy monopod ball. And they charge a massive amount of $$ for the **** lanyard which most folks give out free at any trade show. Moreover Mav Mount coupling defeats the easy use of the original DJI $79 clamp with the internal cable connection. SO I switched to a system that uses the DJI mount and a simple 3-D printed mount that slides into the claws. Done[/QUOTE im also looking to do the same thing, buy the $79 bracket, take the ball off my mavmount mount it on & see how that works out! I've been seeing a lot of pictures of guys on this forum utilizing that mod ,I think that's best for me! post up some pics of your setup... these are pics im referring to, i got off in this forum... FB843B0A-856F-4766-92E5-C17E1D82131F.png

Attachments

• 8FBEA189-CF32-4351-AA3B-F3F8772D3D69.jpeg
    8FBEA189-CF32-4351-AA3B-F3F8772D3D69.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 3AC9F829-423F-4E57-B2B0-31B90BBE11C2.jpeg
    3AC9F829-423F-4E57-B2B0-31B90BBE11C2.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 43
  • 80C50A92-5AFC-4047-BF92-46631916347E.jpeg
    80C50A92-5AFC-4047-BF92-46631916347E.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 43
I am using a Mitomod V3 tablet holder for my Huawei M5. It allows you to see the RC's display. The holder is actually designed for the Mavic Pro RC so it is a very tight fit for the Mavic 2 RC. It is working well for me but I plan on doing a few mods to make it easier to assemble.

IMG_20190113_140742 sm.jpg

IMG_20190113_141107 sm.jpg

I had an original Mitomod. It is an excellent solution for mounting the tablet over the controller. Since recently buying a M2P, I found my Mitomod v1 would not fit my new Mavic 2. Via email, Arthur Brutter, told me he has/will be making a version for the Mavic 2. In the meantime, I found and ordered a solution by Evolution3d. It's arriving today, but seems to be a very versatile mount allowing phone, tablet, or crystalsky to mount above or below the controller depending on pieces ordered.
DJI Mavic Pro 2 - CrystalSky Mount V2

Reactions: Brewbud
I had an original Mitomod. It is an excellent solution for mounting the tablet over the controller. Since recently buying a M2P, I found my Mitomod v1 would not fit my new Mavic 2. Via email, Arthur Brutter, told me he has/will be making a version for the Mavic 2. In the meantime, I found and ordered a solution by Evolution3d. It's arriving today, but seems to be a very versatile mount allowing phone, tablet, or crystalsky to mount above or below the controller depending on pieces ordered.
DJI Mavic Pro 2 - CrystalSky Mount V2

Interesting. I sent Arthur an email asking his opinion about the mods I was going make but never heard back. I was originally told it would work. Well, I guess it does if you mess with it a lot to attach it to the RC. Hopefully, my mods will work out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid