DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet V phone

Peter mavic air

Reactions
G'day, Just wondering what experience people have had with tablets over phones, I use an I phone 7 plus, with no problems, I recently was given a Samsung, Galaxy Tab 4 and after one successful session (three Batteries) I went home and charged all batteries and charger, The next evening went out to try again and could not connect to the drone, and suddenly the charger was almost dead, I eventually uninstalled the app and recharged the Charger, now am using the phone again without issue.
Could the problem have been that the tablet was charging from the controller?
1, Would a different cable help?
2, Does the same thing happen with I-pads?
Should I just stick with my phone?
Peter

Could the problem have been that the tablet was charging from the controller?
You noted the charger was dead. I'm assuming you meant the tablet and/or remote controller was dead.

Did you remember to charge both the tablet and remote controller before heading out to fly again (or at least check the charge level on both)?

Does the same thing happen with I-pads?
Apple devices do not charge from the remote controller battery.

You noted the charger was dead. I'm assuming you meant the tablet and/or remote controller was dead.

Did you remember to charge both the tablet and remote controller before heading out to fly again (or at least check the charge level on both)?

Apple devices do not charge from the remote controller battery.
I charged the controller, but the tablet was on about 75%, I have often gone out with the phone and or charger half but had no problem, but the Tablet seemed to be the problem.
Peter

What exactly was the problem?
I could not connect the drone, the app seemed to work and it said it was connected but no matter what I could not start the drone or connect the remote to it. As soon as I stopped using the tablet all was well

I could not connect the drone, the app seemed to work and it said it was connected but no matter what I could not start the drone or connect the remote to it. As soon as I stopped using the tablet all was well
What does that all have to do with charging and/or the battery level on your devices (as you were describing in your first post above)?

Reactions: Phill

I’m just checking... you know if you’re using the lower USB port you must have the micro USB cable on the side unplugged?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J