DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TacoRC vs Polar Pro filters

Chris R

Reactions
Can anyone share the difference between these products?

Also, I think I read that the Taco RC filters do not interfere with gamble startup. What about Polar Pro?

Reactions: Louis
The main differences are that the TACO-RC filters are half the weight and they do not need to be installed after the Mavic is powered up. You must install the PolarPro filters after the Mavic is powered up.

FYI, PolarPro is working on some new sets that will not interfere with the gimbal. They won't be available until sometime next year.

Last edited:
****, that is what I suspected. I already ordered the Polar pro before I saw the Taco RC ones. Oh well, I guess I am going to have some extra Polar pro filters sitting in my office.

You can either return them or use them until the new sets are available. PolarPro will swap them out for free. Or, perhaps you'll be just fine with installing them after powering on the Mavic.

Any idea how to get a set of Taco RC filters overnighted. I don't find an option for this.

Mine took 4 business days to arrive to PA. They came from NJ, so it'll probably take a least one more day to get to you. There is no option to get them shipped overnight. Perhaps TACO-RC can do it if you contact them directly.

Mine took 4 business days to arrive to PA. They came from NJ, so it'll probably take a least one more day to get to you. There is no option to get them shipped overnight. Perhaps TACO-RC can do it if you contact them directly.
I tried to find a phone number to ask them to overnight it. Anybody have a number for them?

@ocatcr, is it possible to get TACO-RC filters shipped in the US overnight?

You can either return them or use them until the new sets are available. PolarPro will swap them out for free. Or, perhaps you'll be just fine with installing them after powering on the Mavic.

Wow, they will swap them for free? I was considering returning them, but now I guess I will keep them. That is great service!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Brianna
So what do these filters actually do?
And how do you know what number to use?
This is all Greek to me...
I would like to get good video when i leave on vacation in 12 days...

Reactions: Ems_pilot
The main differences are that the TACO-RC filters are half the weight and they do not need to be installed after the Mavic is powered up. You must install the PolarPro filters after the Mavic is powered up.

FYI, PolarPro is working on some new sets that will not interfere with the gimbal. They won't be available until sometime next year.

What's the most often used filter type? In August I plan on taking the Mavic to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week, very bright to say the least, what filter is best for that enviro?

What's the most often used filter type? In August I plan on taking the Mavic to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week, very bright to say the least, what filter is best for that enviro?
PolarPro actually has an app that will calculate what filter to use based on what the ISO and shutter speed of the camera is setting itself to. It can be used regardless of what brand you actually purchase. Just search for PolarPro Filter Calculator.

Reactions: Brianna and J-Dub

I would have thought ND64 for that time of year and the location but you may get away with a 32.

Reactions: J-Dub and Rod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan