DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking my Mavic to Dubai

Kman21

Reactions
Hi

I have taken and flown my drone now in 13 countries. No issues to date. Now I’m going to Dubai.

I would love to hear some advice on the following topics:

1. I'm not sure if it is allowed to bring my drone to Dubai. I can't find any experiences with that, does someone have experiences with bringing a drone to Dubai and packing when leaving the Dubai Airport?

2. I know you have to register the drone? I plan on doing that tomorrow. How long is the turnaround?

3. The Dubai regulations indicate must fly in the green zones. Anyone know generally where the green zones are located?

4. Any tips where to drone in Dubai or specific settings?

How did you get on? I’ve tried to register but it’s been ten days and no response from dbx

How did you get on? I’ve tried to register but it’s been ten days and no response from dbx

I registered with the UAE authority and it was instant. Registering with Dubai was not completed prior to my trip.

I still flew the drone on Palm Island and Near Burj Al Arab without anyone noticing. I was not able to drone near the Burj Khalifa.

I registered with the UAE authority and it was instant. Registering with Dubai was not completed prior to my trip.

I still flew the drone on Palm Island and Near Burj Al Arab without anyone noticing. I was not able to drone near the Burj Khalifa.

turns out i need cell phone number from uae to register for their lol

did customs etc ask you any questions when you took the drone into / out of dubai?

Yes, you need a UAE number. They text you the access code. I had to do it when I landed.

Customs did not care or even notice on my way in or way out. I always take my blades off to make sure.

Hi, I am transiting and visiting Dubai in 2 days time and moving off to another country to fly my Mavic Pro. I did not know about registering a permit. I am not flying my drone in Dubai.

what can I do now? Will there be an issue with the customs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott