DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tampa Bay Area Pilots

well fedex screwed me..it arrived in orlando at 4am this morning and they rescheduled delivery until monday. bastids[/Q
Probably was affected by the bad snowstorm/blizzard....air and truck transport were slowed down. Sweet anticipation?

Reactions: ksmusa
I live in st pete and know that it’s limited. I typically go up by brooksville, the green swamp, or Ocala forest but to be honest, almost every time I’ve gone somewhere that I expected a hassle, I didn’t get one. Maybe because I don’t make myself obvious.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I've flown at Anclote Gulf Park a couple times and park staff have seen me and never said anything. I've also flown at Fred Howard park, but I keep a low profile and stay away from other park users. (That can be a trick on weekends, but I've usually been up there during weekdays.)

Last edited:
I recommend reading the Florida Statute, Title XXV, Chapter 330, Section 41, specifically:

(3) REGULATION.—
(a) The authority to regulate the operation of unmanned aircraft systems is vested in the state except as provided in federal regulations, authorizations, or exemptions.
(b) Except as otherwise expressly provided, a political subdivision may not enact or enforce an ordinance or resolution relating to the design, manufacture, testing, maintenance, licensing, registration, certification, or operation of an unmanned aircraft system, including airspace, altitude, flight paths, equipment or technology requirements; the purpose of operations; and pilot, operator, or observer qualifications, training, and certification.

One another unrelated site, I read that someone flew his P4P to site of Sarasota. I was able to fly my MP early one morning on Venice beach while visiting relatives with no hassles. There has got to be some places outside of Tampa where we can all meet up and fly.

Hey all, just took delivery of my first drone today, a Mavic Air. Been out twice today to give her a go. I live in Palm Harbor but travel around Pinellas all the time. Looking forward to meeting other pilots out there. What are the good places in this area to go flying?

If you get a chance can you let me know the name of the Arts center so I can gps it? BTW that fields sounds just what I was looking for. Thanks

PS am in Pasco Co. Looking for places there to fly

Its Highlander Park, Dunedin. Off Michigan Blvd opposite and South of Maderia Ave. Flown there allot with no issues other than DJI Go 4 message about restricted area as its close to the hospital Heliport.
Better bets that are more scenic are Robert K Rees Memorial Park and Brasher Park in Pasco County

Hey all, just took delivery of my first drone today, a Mavic Air. Been out twice today to give her a go. I live in Palm Harbor but travel around Pinellas all the time. Looking forward to meeting other pilots out there. What are the good places in this area to go flying?
Congratts! I've had my Mavic Pro for over a year....got my 107 and do some commercial work but like to fly for the thrill of it. Got the DJI goggles as well. The closest place to you would be Dunedin Rec Center on Michigan, RC fixed-winger fly there in the mornings; there is a lot of room and very few restrictions. I live in Largo and fly at Largo Rec and Seminole Rec soccer fields.

Reactions: TVEngineer77
Congratts! I've had my Mavic Pro for over a year....got my 107 and do some commercial work but like to fly for the thrill of it. Got the DJI goggles as well. The closest place to you would be Dunedin Rec Center on Michigan, RC fixed-winger fly there in the mornings; there is a lot of room and very few restrictions. I live in Largo and fly at Largo Rec and Seminole Rec soccer fields.

You use any particular apps for commercial work or is that part of your job? I’m interested in finding out what’s local around here in Tampa bay and central Florida.

I market via existing business contacts, as I've had 20 different business enterprises in the last 35 years. Like any new business marketing is key. I usually farm out work to editing guys I know. I play 60's R&B (keyboards) so I know a lot of decent music editors. There are quite a few apps and tutorials in the internet if you want to get into serious editing. I had a video production company in the 80's for about six years. Did a lot of weddings plus some insurance work.; got to love 'analog' (it would take me a whole night to edit a wedding on the analog equipment available back then). The evolution of electronics/computers since the late 50's is mindblowing.

Reactions: frankiez
I market via existing business contacts, as I've had 20 different business enterprises in the last 35 years. Like any new business marketing is key. I usually farm out work to editing guys I know. I play 60's R&B (keyboards) so I know a lot of decent music editors. There are quite a few apps and tutorials in the internet if you want to get into serious editing. I had a video production company in the 80's for about six years. Did a lot of weddings plus some insurance work.; got to love 'analog' (it would take me a whole night to edit a wedding on the analog equipment available back then). The evolution of electronics/computers since the late 50's is mindblowing.

I live south of you in the Venice area. Would love to get together with you and discuss commercial work. I have my 107 and am just starting out.

I live south of you in the Venice area. Would love to get together with you and discuss commercial work. I have my 107 and am just starting out.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I live in the Largo/Clearwater area and have been doing a few commercial jobs....mostly real estate and a few construction sites. I try to keep it simple. I email clients' videos and photos and they can edit them or have someone do it for them. If they want me to do the editing I ask for the job parameters and usually send it to a friend who takes care of my music and drone editing. I've had my Mavic Pro for 13 months and still find it amazing. I've had my 107 since May of '17. The DJI goggles double the experience (especially when doing clients' video and photo work). It's up close and immersive. As I have several other projects going at the same time I Have not given the business my full attention. I'll be trying a few "outside the box" ideas in the coming months and spending more time marketing the business. Please let me know if you're up this way. There are several places to fly nearby.

Safe Flying,
Gary Z.

This is great, I am in St. Pete from Oct to May, I am getting my Mavic Pro today and really looking forward to it. I am up in Northern IL in Rockford in the summer. I have couple months to figure out this thing but would like to hook up with people that also have Mavic's to fly and collaborate with.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. I live in the Largo/Clearwater area and have been doing a few commercial jobs....mostly real estate and a few construction sites. I try to keep it simple. I email clients' videos and photos and they can edit them or have someone do it for them. If they want me to do the editing I ask for the job parameters and usually send it to a friend who takes care of my music and drone editing. I've had my Mavic Pro for 13 months and still find it amazing. I've had my 107 since May of '17. The DJI goggles double the experience (especially when doing clients' video and photo work). It's up close and immersive. As I have several other projects going at the same time I Have not given the business my full attention. I'll be trying a few "outside the box" ideas in the coming months and spending more time marketing the business. Please let me know if you're up this way. There are several places to fly nearby.

Safe Flying,
Gary Z.

Gary,
I'm in the Largo area as well. I crashed a MP a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect with no issues prior to that incident. I don't know what firmware it had on it, but I ended up purchasing a new one. It upgraded to FW 01.04.0400, and at night, the camera images are horrible. Reading about everyones issues, I haven't flown it hardly at all. I also had the pixilation with the GO4 app on the previous drone that crashed, but I fixed it by rolling the app back to 4.2.14. As far as the new drone, should I roll back the FW to .0300 or earlier? It seems that it causes camera issues as well? Thanks.

George

Sure I'm in Clearwater off 19,,, I fly every day,, let me know if you want to meet up or wait until you get yours then meet up,,, let me know
I'm in Spring Hill and patiently waiting for my M2P to arrive.

It's my first drone and I'm new to the group, so I don't know how to "follow" someone, but I would definitely enjoy meeting up to fly eventually.

Howdy all. I just stumbled onto this thread and figured I would say hi. I am in the Riverview area and work in Fishhawk/Lithia. I too am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my M2 Zoom so I can start learning the ropes. I have a Mavic Air and am looking forward to the upgraded capabilities of the newest models.

Sorry I've been away from the forums for a while but the new Mavic 2 had my interest again.. just have been so busy with work and life that flying took a back seat.

I ordered the M2 Zoom during the keynote and I have a tracking # with a Wednesday arrival. Can't wait.

For those flying in the Tampa Bay area, I'm always looking for Drone-friendly, interesting locations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert