DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TBE-what to do if it happens?

I looked at the first flight. The cause of the incident was a drop in gpsHealth which is not the same as numSats. GpsHealth has a range from 0 (worst) to 5 (best) and is a measure of both vertical and horizontal dilution of precision. With the P3 if gpsHealth drops below 4 the P3 will switch to ATTI mode because the GPS is unreliable.

In this flight the gpsHealth dropped abruptly from 5 to 1 which caused a brief switch to ATTI.
View attachment 2811
The was another flight about 3 weeks ago where the same abrupt drop in gpsHealth occurred. Spooky Action at a Distance I've not seen anything like this in the over 100 P3 flights I've looked at. With the P3 a drop in gpsHealth was gradual and always associated with a reduction in the numSats. IMHO these two Mavic incidents.are caused either by hardware or firmware.

@jamgabbi you mentioned that you thought the response to lost GPS would be an RTH under ATTI. I hope not. With the P3 a switch to ATTI would cause the P3 to hover, or at least drift away with the wind. I.e., it wouldn't try to RTH. Several fly-aways were caused by RTH being initiated while in ATTI mode. I would think the Mavic would do the same and not try and navigate while in ATTI mode. But, I did see a flight recently where it appears to have done exactly that that. Mavic First Flight Uncontrolled - Magnetic Interference

@jamgabbi you also mentioned having a Mac and wanting to view the logs. DatCon will run under MacOS with a little help. See the release notes. That will produce a .csv that can be plotted using Excel. The next release of CsvView (used to produce the plot above) will also be runnable under MacOS.
Again i thank you much
Is there any thing i can do so this does not happen especially at a distance ? or any idea of what the cause is ?
also do you recommend i send the logs to DJI for evaluation ?

Again i thank you much
Is there any thing i can do so this does not happen especially at a distance ? or any idea of what the cause is ?
also do you recommend i send the logs to DJI for evaluation ?
As I said IMHO the cause is FW or HW. If so, it could happen at any time. Yes, if I were you, I'd contact support. Don't accept an explanation that goes something like interference, flying at night, etc. This is what @erkme73 got and the cause was actually a manufacturing defect.

As I said IMHO the cause is FW or HW. If so, it could happen at any time. Yes, if I were you, I'd contact support. Don't accept an explanation that goes something like interference, flying at night, etc. This is what @erkme73 got and the cause was actually a manufacturing defect.
Would it be possible to drop me back jist the logs that show these failures so I can forward them to DJI
Thank you

Would it be possible to drop me back jist the logs that show these failures so I can forward them to DJI
Thank you
Try this.
Dropbox - FLY069.DAT

I would suggest that you also run DJI Assistant 2 and retrieve just this Flight Control file so you'll have the output of DJI Assistant 2. DJI support could be picky and want that instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh