DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TBE-what to do if it happens?

I looked at the first flight. The cause of the incident was a drop in gpsHealth which is not the same as numSats. GpsHealth has a range from 0 (worst) to 5 (best) and is a measure of both vertical and horizontal dilution of precision. With the P3 if gpsHealth drops below 4 the P3 will switch to ATTI mode because the GPS is unreliable.

In this flight the gpsHealth dropped abruptly from 5 to 1 which caused a brief switch to ATTI.
View attachment 2811
The was another flight about 3 weeks ago where the same abrupt drop in gpsHealth occurred. Spooky Action at a Distance I've not seen anything like this in the over 100 P3 flights I've looked at. With the P3 a drop in gpsHealth was gradual and always associated with a reduction in the numSats. IMHO these two Mavic incidents.are caused either by hardware or firmware.

@jamgabbi you mentioned that you thought the response to lost GPS would be an RTH under ATTI. I hope not. With the P3 a switch to ATTI would cause the P3 to hover, or at least drift away with the wind. I.e., it wouldn't try to RTH. Several fly-aways were caused by RTH being initiated while in ATTI mode. I would think the Mavic would do the same and not try and navigate while in ATTI mode. But, I did see a flight recently where it appears to have done exactly that that. Mavic First Flight Uncontrolled - Magnetic Interference

@jamgabbi you also mentioned having a Mac and wanting to view the logs. DatCon will run under MacOS with a little help. See the release notes. That will produce a .csv that can be plotted using Excel. The next release of CsvView (used to produce the plot above) will also be runnable under MacOS.
Again i thank you much
Is there any thing i can do so this does not happen especially at a distance ? or any idea of what the cause is ?
also do you recommend i send the logs to DJI for evaluation ?

Again i thank you much
Is there any thing i can do so this does not happen especially at a distance ? or any idea of what the cause is ?
also do you recommend i send the logs to DJI for evaluation ?
As I said IMHO the cause is FW or HW. If so, it could happen at any time. Yes, if I were you, I'd contact support. Don't accept an explanation that goes something like interference, flying at night, etc. This is what @erkme73 got and the cause was actually a manufacturing defect.

As I said IMHO the cause is FW or HW. If so, it could happen at any time. Yes, if I were you, I'd contact support. Don't accept an explanation that goes something like interference, flying at night, etc. This is what @erkme73 got and the cause was actually a manufacturing defect.
Would it be possible to drop me back jist the logs that show these failures so I can forward them to DJI
Thank you

Would it be possible to drop me back jist the logs that show these failures so I can forward them to DJI
Thank you
Try this.
Dropbox - FLY069.DAT

I would suggest that you also run DJI Assistant 2 and retrieve just this Flight Control file so you'll have the output of DJI Assistant 2. DJI support could be picky and want that instead.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf