DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Telemetry question

Brevanskc

Reactions
I recently took some photos from the same location at different altitude. I did not record the information. Is there a way to determine the altitude of images in the telemetry data?

I am only able to see longitude and latitude, I must not be in the correct area.

Ahhhh thanks for the responses, I think I found the answer. I was hoping to get the above ground altitude but the GPS data seems to be above sea level. I can use this though.

Ahhhh thanks for the responses, I think I found the answer. I was hoping to get the above ground altitude but the GPS data seems to be above sea level. I can use this though.
See post #9 above

The altitude data in the EXIF section of that photo are:

GPS Altitude Ref : Above Sea Level
Absolute Altitude : +319.28
Relative Altitude : +61.10
GPS Altitude : 319.2 m Above Sea Level

The "Relative Altitude" is meters above the takeoff point, derived barometrically. Prior to late 2019, the fields labeled GPS Altitude and Absolute Altitude were both the pressure altitude, also derived barometrically, and likely to be very inaccurate. Then they switched to using actual GPS altitude in those fields, which was much more accurate. In this case the ground elevation in that location is 230 - 240 m MSL, and so the 319 m MSL looks to be around 15 m too high. Whether that's because your takeoff point was higher, because of a poor vertical GPS measurement, or whether DJI is again using pressure altitude in this firmware is hard to say without the telemetry.

In Windows and in most photo editing programs you can go into the properties of a photo and change the settings for what information is displayed from the EXIF data.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear