DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tello

Diablo23

Reactions
Hi all
Just bought an Air a month or so ago!! Zero complaints this thing blows me away on how stable and good it is!! Can’t say enough about it!
Today I went and bought a Tello!
Holy crap is this thing ever fun to fly in the house and back yard!!
I’ve ordere the controller for it, flying by the phone is a bit different for me , it works good, no complaints. I fly bigger remote control aircrafts 35% stuff and I’m so use to the controller.
For the price of the controller it would be a win win for me.
We fly in gymnasiums in the winter up here ,small stuff electric of coarse and this Tello is going to be perfect!! Now I’m just waiting for my goggles to get here and I’ll be in hog heaven!!! Thanks DJI for such great products!!

Attachments

• ED11C4B0-3F6A-4892-ACAD-A25993F21C8A.jpeg
    ED11C4B0-3F6A-4892-ACAD-A25993F21C8A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
I agree, the Tello is an excellent winter indoor flyer, the remote is a must for me too!

Thanks for your post. Just ordered a Tello for my 10 year old nephew for Christmas. Agonized for half a day
trying to find a cheap alternative but in the end all others are junk compared to DJI products. Got a controller
with it. Would be interested in your initial experiences with the Tello and any heads up.

Hello it’s the best bang for the buck by far!!
I’ve run at least a dozen battery flights through it and it’s working just fine. One issue I encountered today is and I’m not sure if I’m doing it.
When you take pictures it works fine, but when you take video then stop the video recording I don’t have control of the quad. It’s stays right there and hovers, I have to shut down the app and reboot to gain control, it stays right there no fly away so nothing to worry about that .
I need to look into it a bit further. It’s happened to me twice.
Maybe with the controller it would be a non issue, my controller gets here this week sometime. Hope you enjoy it I sure do for what it is!
Anything else you would like to know drop me a line as well drop me a note if you find something
It does flips very easy when in that flight mode
Lands in my hand mode pretty slick
360 works good in video mode and I have full control
Thanks Keith

Attachments

• 29DFF3E4-8B49-41D7-8F97-8F2084A7D554.jpeg
    29DFF3E4-8B49-41D7-8F97-8F2084A7D554.jpeg
    964.9 KB · Views: 23
Hi Keith, thanks for your informative reply. Am now really anxious to see my nephew open up his Tello Christmas
present. And maybe might help him fly it. He does like to do flips so Tell should be just the thing. Ordered the
combo package which includes the controller. Ordered 5 days ago thru DJI and still not shipped so am a bit
concerned about that.On a side note: two years ago he had received one as a gift. Took him to a local park
to fly it. Up it went to tree top level and from there the wind took it away to never never land. It was real cheapie
but still very valuable to him. I should have monitored flight conditions better when he flew it. Lesson learned.
Don

Hi Don
No problem, he will enjoy it very much!!
For what it is, size and cost it’s very impressive!! I’ve seen the Walmart / Kmart stuff and this little bad beats them hands down plus you can get replacement parts easily!!
Enjoy , any issues or thoughts let me know maybe we can figure it out together

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear