DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Text Anchoring Object-Text Tracking HELP

Drone4

Reactions
So I've been searching all week for a video software that will allow me to add text and/or objects like logos to a commercial project. It's a shopping center and customer wants me to call out Target, the mall, applebees with a logo above the building that doesn't move. It stays anchored as you fly over it. I've tried cyberlink powerdirector 16 and the object and text turn out shaky as you move through the video. Are there any other options that you know about beside Adobe after effects and all the adobe monthly subscriptions they want you to buy?

Wish I could tell you something is out there that did a great job for free, but that is why I use after effects. I couldn't find anything either that gave me the exact results that I wanted.

Thanks for your input. I'm not looking for free, just don't see a way to justify the monthly subscription for After Effects

I don't much care for the monthly ransom to Adobe but if you use quite a few of the CC applications as I do, then it's cheaper than buying them outright and paying for the updates.

So I've been searching all week for a video software that will allow me to add text and/or objects like logos to a commercial project. It's a shopping center and customer wants me to call out Target, the mall, applebees with a logo above the building that doesn't move. It stays anchored as you fly over it. I've tried cyberlink powerdirector 16 and the object and text turn out shaky as you move through the video. Are there any other options that you know about beside Adobe after effects and all the adobe monthly subscriptions they want you to buy?

What you are looking for is called camera tracking. Adobe After Effects does this really well and if you don’t already have Adobe CC you can get a free trial and can likely get this done before the trial ends.

It’s easy to do but takes a powerful computer or a lot of time for the program to do its thing. No worries just let it do it’s thing and go do something else come back later.

Edit: I realize now that you said BESIDES After Effects and the answer is NO. Not for less then Adobe CC.

Last edited:
Davinci Resolve 15 is free and you should be able to accomplish this task with that software. It is very robust and professional grade. Many Youtube tutorials to get you started.

I think you need Blackmagic Fusion to do this in Resolve which is not free. It’s a one time purchase I believe but I don’t know if it’s as good as After Effects.

Now it’s possible to bring feature film quality visual effects and motion graphics to any production! Whether you’re working on a Hollywood blockbuster, episodic television show, national commercial or independent film, Fusion gives you the power to create photorealistic visual effects, stunning motion graphics and incredible title sequences that completely immerse your audience. Best of all, it’s now part of DaVinci Resolve so you can switch from editing, color or audio to visual effects and motion graphics with a single click

Reactions: brett8883
Final Cut Pro can also do this if you are an Apple user.

I'm pretty sure Apple Motion does this. It's very reasonably priced so if you're on a Mac it could be a good option

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas