DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The annoying beeping..This may work for you.

Scuba

Reactions
I noticed today that having my iphone headphones plugged in made my beeping go through my headphones instead of the controller itself..Im not sure if I was in Litchi or DJI Go 4 so I will have to retest this theory.Its not easy plugging in the headphone but it can be done.I just slide in my headphone cable and plug it into the phone before connecting my iphone to the lightining port cable on the controller.

Is the beeping from the iPhone (could turn the volume down) or the remote?

Reactions: avanti1963
Im thinking that when the headphone jack is plugged in that it bypasses the speaker on the controller...I will test it tomorrow.

Reactions: rcheli9
iPhone 7 (apple geniuses failed big time) has no headphone jack, but I will get an adapter plug if this works. Then again, I think for newbies it's probably a good idea to have all the sounds audible (spoken warnings from the controller as well) until they no longer need the reminders...

iPhone 7 (apple geniuses failed big time) has no headphone jack, but I will get an adapter plug if this works. Then again, I think for newbies it's probably a good idea to have all the sounds audible (spoken warnings from the controller as well) until they no longer need the reminders...
I agree but if the sound is transmitted via the phone and not the RC then you SHOULD be able to adjust volume.....

Some sound comes from the phone. The irritating beeping comes from the remote.
I understand that it does normally but what Scuba reported above was that he thinks if you plug in the headphones on your phone or tablet that it mutes the beeper on the RC and transmits the beep thru the headphones instead.....if this is true than you should be able to adjust the volume of the beep via the phone volume controls....I would check by my Mavic is wrapped up under the Christmas tree :(

I understand that it does normally but what Scuba reported above was that he thinks if you plug in the headphones on your phone or tablet that it mutes the beeper on the RC and transmits the beep thru the headphones instead.....if this is true than you should be able to adjust the volume of the beep via the phone volume controls....I would check by my Mavic is wrapped up under the Christmas tree :(
Right. I agree that is what Scuba was surmising. I was answering the direct question about the irritating beeping. It's definitely from the controller. I might be able to test tomorrow. Weather pending. I'd love it if this is indeed a solution. Skeptical though.

Right. I agree that is what Scuba was surmising. I was answering the direct question about the irritating beeping. It's definitely from the controller. I might be able to test tomorrow. Weather pending. I'd love it if this is indeed a solution. Skeptical though.
I am eagerly awaiting the test results....but agree with you as I am also skeptical....

Ok guys the results are in....Some sounds do goto the headphones but...the annoying low battery sound still comes from the controller...Stuff like the home point has been updated comes through the headset....Sorry guys it was worth a try.
I tried this on the DJI go 4 app...havent tried litchi yet..I will test it later.

bummer....I was reluctantly hopeful....but I guess if you are wearing your earphones, you will still hear the prompts but the beeping will not be as loud (to you)....

OK the Litchi app was different..I didnt get the beeping from the remote until I was at critical battery...the 1st warning which I have set at 20% was only through my headphones..When it got to like 13% then the remote started beeping..I hope this helps you guys..maybe litchi can make it an audible warning through the headphones for both battery levels.

I didnt do RTH with Litchi yet...I may try that tomorrow....I did see from quite a few thread to NOT use the auto take off especially in DJI go 4 app....Their Mavics are climbing then all the motors shut off....BAD BAD.....I personally dont use auto take off so I wouldnt know.

I wear hearing aids that pair to my iphone (loud noises from my military service). All noises from my iphone play directly to the hearing aids. No missing warning beeps here. Something to think about form anyone who has hearing aids that will pair. There is a setting in the accessibility settings to stream to the aids.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum