DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The best video settings I have found.

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
After half a year with the Mavic, I have found these settings to be the best for me as far as straight out of the camera with no post processing. I know there's tons of videos that say this or that, but these settings have really always worked for me. If you are still searching give these a try

The locations are good, most of the footage looks underexposed (to me).

The locations are good, most of the footage looks underexposed (to me).
Thank you. I tend to prefer shooting a little under exposed, I actually like the dramatic effect that it gives things. Most of my favorite films are a bit on the darker side. A lower ND filter would easily give a more typical exposure.

One thing to keep in mind about exposure is that you can always change it selectively in post processing. However, if deep shadows have prevented detail from being recorded or highlights have blown out all detail, it just isn't there and can't be recovered.

Reactions: JoshuaCarlton
One thing to keep in mind about exposure is that you can always change it selectively in post processing. However, if deep shadows have prevented detail from being recorded or highlights have blown out all detail, it just isn't there and can't be recovered.
Absolutely! Same with blown out highlights. That's why some people prefer d-log but it can take quit a bit of post work to correct it.

Here is mine

4k 30fps
Style settings +1-1+0
Dlog
fcpx denoise plugin

Also realized, after a lot of research and testing... 2.7k has less noise, but not as detailed as 4k

Filming in 1080 on the Mavic is not to my liking...

Here is mine

4k 30fps
Style settings +1-1+0
Dlog
fcpx denoise plugin

Also realized, after a lot of research and testing... 2.7k has less noise, but not as detailed as 4k

Yeah, I noticed that as well switching between 4K and 2.7. I always noticed a lot of Moire. With 4K.

After half a year with the Mavic, I have found these settings to be the best for me as far as straight out of the camera with no post processing. I know there's tons of videos that say this or that, but these settings have really always worked for me. If you are still searching give these a try

Don't listen to anyone your forest shot and others are 100% correct great job - Thanks for sharing!

Mike

Here is mine

4k 30fps
Style settings +1-1+0
Dlog
fcpx denoise plugin

The Problem is that these values mean diffeent processing in different FW versions.

+1 Sharoness would have killed the video on older FW's.
Which FW were you using ?

Ender
P.S. nice settijgs & shooting !!! I am no born Photographer, always have to concentrate very hard :)

Reactions: Rich360
Here is mine

4k 30fps
Style settings +1-1+0
Dlog
fcpx denoise plugin

That's interesting about lower noise at 2.7k. Must give that a go as noise is an issue for me in poor light such as cloudy days

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31