DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 The Bottoms

So get on your device, phone, iPad or whatever, open the Fly App while not connected to the RC, click on album on the lower left, it will bring up any videos you have on there, click on the "Create" box bottom right on the top hit Pro (I dont know what the templates do) then click on one of your videos and hit the Add box upper right, tools are on the right collumn
Have a look here, might be of some help and guidance:
and here:

Reactions: A.O.
I think this video takes the prize for the worst thing I have watched on drones in a long time. Un-smooth, jerky, yawing all over the place, a pilot with a death wish to destroy his drone, etc. To add to this severe criticism, the music was bad. Bad editing, bad flying, bad music , and a bad place to fly. Why would anyone fly in that dense of an environment, just filled with fine branches, and trees? I have seen no other negative comments because I think everyone is trying to be nice, but I have to call it for what I see.
I know you are more experienced than this member and as someone with a tiny bit More and just that bit, we all start somewhere. Didn't you? Some constructive criticism is always welcome and I found that kinda mean. Have you never asked for help? Did they put your first attempt down? Or help you to get better? !!!

I know you are more experienced than this member and as someone with a tiny bit More and just that bit, we all start somewhere. Didn't you? Some constructive criticism is always welcome and I found that kinda mean. Have you never asked for help? Did they put your first attempt down? Or help you to get better? !!!
Thanks for sticking up for me but his comments were no big deal and don't bother me.. from his avatar pic he just looks like a grumpy old man... :D

Well, if flying in a dense forest of branches risking a drone crash is your idea of fun, go for it. There is no place to fly there without hitting something very quickly. If you want to show a trip through dense wooded areas it is much better to do it with a gimbal mounted video camera or iPhone. I think this bad review was the first I have done on this forum since I joined several years ago.
Yep, it IS my idea of fun and part of the reason I got a drone was to do EXACTLY this type of thing. I want to be able to fly down through my woods and check on things, is it flooding down there, do I have piggies down there I need to deal with? Things like that.
So yes, this is my idea of fun! I also ride motorcycles (I'm a nationally certified riding instructor) I enjoy shooting guns.. A LOT!! I run chain saws, take down large trees, run a sawmill and lots of other power equipment. So yes my idea of fun is probably different than your idea of fun and thats ok... you just go curl back up on your couch in suburbia somewhere and have a great safe day!

Can i just chip in at the end of this conversation. i've been watching Your
videos A.O because like you i'm a complete novice at drone filming and
editing. I have really enjoyed watching them and have also been learning
from the kind people who have been helping you out with stuff you were
struggling with. This section of the forum is full of great well shot and
edited films which i also really enjoy watching, but these people had to
start somewhere like ourselves. It saddens me to think unless your footage
is worthy of an Oscar it shouldn't be on here. When things return to some
sort of normality here in the ?? i will also be attempting to shoot, edit and
post my results on here, and if they're half as good as yours i'll be well pleased.
Keep um coming old friend ?

Can i just chip in at the end of this conversation. i've been watching Your
videos A.O because like you i'm a complete novice at drone filming and
editing. I have really enjoyed watching them and have also been learning
from the kind people who have been helping you out with stuff you were
struggling with. This section of the forum is full of great well shot and
edited films which i also really enjoy watching, but these people had to
start somewhere like ourselves. It saddens me to think unless your footage
is worthy of an Oscar it shouldn't be on here. When things return to some
sort of normality here in the ?? i will also be attempting to shoot, edit and
post my results on here, and if they're half as good as yours i'll be well pleased.
Keep um coming old friend ?
Thanks man!

Thanks for sticking up for me but his comments were no big deal and don't bother me.. from his avatar pic he just looks like a grumpy old man... :D
That's cool. I guess I have thin skin. When I post anything I'm wanting to get better. All and all I look here for tips and had never had a well know member eviscerate anybody like that. I hope he just had a bad day and didn't mean to do it. Take care buddy. It's just my nature to stick up for good people. Keep on droning.

A little more wandering down in my woods, trying my hand at a little editing.. its about as choppy as my flying I think. I may have to turn off OA next time. some times it looks as though I can go between trees or whatever but the OA stops me and I sit there for a bit to get it to go.. More practice needed.
OH and it seems the music track on DJI fly isnt as long as the video or something.

It's dizzying to watch, but flying like that you have to be in constant control. Since (you) can do it, I would rather see you fly though woods that are a little more open so we can enjoy the flight while searching the woods without getting dizzy, but we all do our own thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh