DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The new DJI FPV Drone. What is it's maximum altitude from it's take off point?

cgmaxed

Reactions
  • Transmission Range [2]​

• 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE), 6 km (SRRC), 6 km (MIC)
    • Max Flight Distance​

• 16.8 km (measured while flying in windless conditions)
      • Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level​

• 6,000 m

• BUT HOW HIGH WILL IT GO FROM IT'S TAKE OFF POINT OF ORIGIN??? It's not the same as it's max service ceiling.

• Transmission Range [2]​

• 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE), 6 km (SRRC), 6 km (MIC)
    • Max Flight Distance​

• 16.8 km (measured while flying in windless conditions)
      • Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level​

• 6,000 m

• BUT HOW HIGH WILL IT GO FROM IT'S TAKE OFF POINT OF ORIGIN??? It's not the same as it's max service ceiling.

Like any other drone, your limited to 400' above AGL, from the point at which you took off.. your flying with the Fly App, so there is a setting for this, and while you can override that limit, the regs say 400'

regardless of how high it might go ,it still has to flown with respect to the rules of the country you are in

I know the rules and follow them, but how high is it CAPABLE OF MECHANICALLY. Just pretend I am in international waters or some place where there is no FAA. Or, I was given a crazy height waiver. How high will it fly MECHANICALLY from it's point of take off.? Or, how high or what maximum altitude will it's app allow it to go at maximum settings? Are the max setting's the same as the DJI fly app?

Last edited:
I know the rules and follow them, but how high is it CAPABLE OF MECHANICALLY. Just pretend I am in international waters or some place where there is no FAA. Or, I was given a crazy height waiver. How high will it fly MECHANICALLY from it's point of take off.? Or, how high or what maximum altitude will it's app allow it to go at maximum settings?
I think the specs speak for themselves.

BUT HOW HIGH WILL IT GO FROM IT'S TAKE OFF POINT OF ORIGIN??? It's not the same as it's max service ceiling.​

Unless it’s differant than any of the rest it’s 1600’
But as other have said 400’ to stay legal.

6000 meters above sea level is the same no matter where you take off from. I don't understand the confusion.

Case Closed. It uses the DJI fly app. So whatever that app says, it its max. Make note, I shall not break the 400 ft max limit. I live next to a small private airport. The planes taking off allready fly to low for my comfort.

6000 meters above sea level is the same no matter where you take off from. I don't understand the confusion.
I got confused. I was talking about it's app. I though it may be using a different ap. But, I hear it's using the DJI fly app.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka