DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Perfect Day - Compton Canal Locks

MrWolfman

Reactions

Compton Lock, along with the adjacent by-weir and Bridge 60, situated on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal and dating back to 1770, is proposed for Grade II listing for several key reasons:

Historical significance: Compton Lock is recognized as James Brindley's inaugural operational lock, serving as a prototype for narrow canal locks across the Midlands during the 18th century.

Historical association: Designed by James Brindley, a figure widely regarded as the preeminent canal engineer of the 18th century, the lock bears testament to his influential contributions.

Preservation of original features: Despite undergoing repair and restoration efforts, the lock, by-weir, and bridge maintain a substantial portion of their original historical materials and construction.

Functional synergy: These structures form a cohesive and functionally interdependent ensemble, illustrating their collective operational dynamics.

Collective significance: Representing a notable cluster of period canal infrastructure, the group encompasses distinctive elements like the 'morning-glory' by-weir and an integrated accommodation bridge, enriching its overall historical value.

#drones #dji

Thank you filming the canal in public and welcome to the team! ;)

Beautifully put together, it looks amazing well done, my grandparents spent time in Willenhall just outside Wolverhampton :cool:Thumbswayup

Oh thank you so much reallly appreciate that 👍🏼 please consider a sub if you wish to see more if you haven’t already 👍🏼👍🏼

OK will do, don't mention Youtube, I've been all day trying to upload me first video to it only to be told the JPG files are the wrong format, I gave up in the end :(:(

Oh gosh have you tried converting them to png files instead? And thank you

No, unsure how, I stopped before I threw the laptop in the sea, I created a channel and it was going great till then, i filmed a huge cruise liner Regal Princess , 335 metres of her went right past the front window

No, unsure how, I stopped before I threw the laptop in the sea, I created a channel and it was going great till then, i filmed a huge cruise liner Regal Princess , 335 metres of her went right past the front window
Well if you don’t get it sorted give me a shout I’m happy to help

Compton Lock, along with the adjacent by-weir and Bridge 60, situated on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal and dating back to 1770, is proposed for Grade II listing for several key reasons:

Historical significance: Compton Lock is recognized as James Brindley's inaugural operational lock, serving as a prototype for narrow canal locks across the Midlands during the 18th century.

Historical association: Designed by James Brindley, a figure widely regarded as the preeminent canal engineer of the 18th century, the lock bears testament to his influential contributions.

Preservation of original features: Despite undergoing repair and restoration efforts, the lock, by-weir, and bridge maintain a substantial portion of their original historical materials and construction.

Functional synergy: These structures form a cohesive and functionally interdependent ensemble, illustrating their collective operational dynamics.

Collective significance: Representing a notable cluster of period canal infrastructure, the group encompasses distinctive elements like the 'morning-glory' by-weir and an integrated accommodation bridge, enriching its overall historical value.

#drones #dji
Loved your video. Well done! Even more, I loved your beautiful interpretation of the area , which is so typically a beautiful UK village. A sense of calm, and quietude, a calm way of live, and a return to yesteryear.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes