DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the phantom is going tomorrow. some advice please ?

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
my PH3S is going to a new home tomorrow, mainly because i do not really fly it much anymore, and i would rather someone else gets some use from it,it is going to a good home, a friend who has some drone flying experience already, and i will be hands on helping him to get to know the ins and outs of the phantom,would i be correct in thinking that all we need to do, is once the app is in his device then the set up procedure would be the same as for a new drone, he will access the app and DJI will ask for his details and he will have to give his e mail address and other info and then the drone will recognise him when he logs on, i understand that the flight records that i have already got will still show on my history, but after my friend has registered the drone to him that will stop.

if i have missed something out please advise me many thanks

OMM, glad to hear its going to a good home. The P3 requires DJI Go as opposed to DJI Go 4, so thats the app he will need to use.

Yews it should go easily for him, and hope he enjoys it.

Reactions: old man mavic
thanks Rob i am just happy to see it getting some use ,and he is happy with all the extras he is getting besides the phantom itself,

Good choice dad especially if you’re not using it now. At least you know it’s going to a good home and no doubt you’ll enjoy seeing it flying more often, especially if you fly with the friend that bought it.

I should of done that years ago with my P2V but I’m stuck with it now... but I done the same as you with my inspire 1, didn’t use it so sold the monster..??

Good choice dad especially if you’re not using it now. At least you know it’s going to a good home and no doubt you’ll enjoy seeing it flying more often, especially if you fly with the friend that bought it.

I should of done that years ago with my P2V but I’m stuck with it now... but I done the same as you with my inspire 1, didn’t use it so sold the monster..??

P2V is still worth big money! Amazing how they hold their value.

@Thunderdrones thanks Rob for you comments,always respect your knowledge on the drone front

@Porky thanks to you to son, as you say i will get to see him enjoy the phantom,and our UAVs are not really ornaments, they need to be out flying in the blue yonder and enjoyed

P2 are great trainers without all the automatic fetures that are so easyto get used to and rely on. Im always keeping my eye out for them. I have a few thatim able to lendout to new guys while they get their "wings" and approvals from minister of home finance to purchase something new :)
I have a mavic air that has traveled the world with a friend of my daughter when he was on his honeymoon. He is buying a mav2 next week.

Reactions: hactick
Wow. Well if you ever need parts for a p2v let me know. I like to trade...

Reactions: Former Member
$300usd+. Just the gimbal is worth $150

What about if it had a rotorpixel gimbal fitted or was the price you quoted for that gimbal?

When I looked at selling mine, searched around for prices, they were going for crazy money on fleebay so that’s the reason I kept it.

Blimey rob, 300 US, that’s not a bad price?

P2 are great trainers without all the automatic fetures that are so easyto get used to and rely on. Im always keeping my eye out for them. I have a few thatim able to lendout to new guys while they get their "wings" and approvals from minister of home finance to purchase something new :)
I have a mavic air that has traveled the world with a friend of my daughter when he was on his honeymoon. He is buying a mav2 next week.

That’s the drone I learned to fly with so I understand your comment about having no sensors, just a basic flying machine. Oh now I’m so spoilt with all the sensors on my M2??

I loved flying the P2, no crashes. Mine still looks new?

I have. Real problem hoarding my old tech. Hunger full of rc aircraft going back decades, drawer full of mobile phones going back decades, it’s like a museum. ;-)

well the transfer all went as planned will be going for some flying instructions at the weekend weather permitting ,just to get him up to speed on the different aspects of the app mainly and how the camera works,its his first UAV with a screen to see what is being filmed and he should be pleased with the results,

If I were you, I would do 1 of 2 things.
  1. Have it stuffed, mounted, and hang it on a wall next to your rhino and deer heads. (joking)
  2. Sell it and get some big money for it! Buyers go crazy for original owner P2's.

Think I’ll go with option 1, it’ll look nice next to the Rembrandt, a bit of modern art next to an old classic ??

I got a chuckle out of this thread talking about the old phantoms .
I have my first DJI drone ( P2 ) mounted on a wall down stairs above my reloading bench . When I am sitting there for a couple hours building ammo looking up and seeing the old bird brings a smile to my face

I got a chuckle out of this thread talking about the old phantoms .
I have my first DJI drone ( P2 ) mounted on a wall down stairs above my reloading bench . When I am sitting there for a couple hours building ammo looking up and seeing the old bird brings a smile to my face

Did you cut it in half, and mount it like a boars head? lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078