DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro The Power of Color Grading

I'm coming into this late but if I remember rightly you use an Osmo Pocket or other DJI action camera for some of your videos like this one? If so, can you discuss what you used for shooting profiles, frame rate, and post production software used for color grading? Thanks, I always enjoy your work!

Reactions: MPone
I'm coming into this late but if I remember rightly you use an Osmo Pocket or other DJI action camera for some of your videos like this one? If so, can you discuss what you used for shooting profiles, frame rate, and post production software used for color grading? Thanks, I always enjoy your work!
I use the DJI Pocket 2 for ground shots. I always shoot in D-Cinelike, 30fps, and I use Davinci Resolve 17.

I use the DJI Pocket 2 for ground shots. I always shoot in D-Cinelike, 30fps, and I use Davinci Resolve 17.
Thanks for the info! I have the older Osmo Pocket and up until now always shot in normal profile. I'm going to experiment with D-Cinelike. I'm also considering getting the DJI Action 2 camera. It looks like it would be easier to use than the gimbal cameras in some cases given the magnetic mount options (e.g. cars, bikes, etc).

Thanks for the info! I have the older Osmo Pocket and up until now always shot in normal profile. I'm going to experiment with D-Cinelike. I'm also considering getting the DJI Action 2 camera. It looks like it would be easier to use than the gimbal cameras in some cases given the magnetic mount options (e.g. cars, bikes, etc).
You could use the DJI LUT REC709 for D-Cinelike. It gives good colors.

So I have the DLog-M+Rec709 lut from DJI. I went to their site and now they have a D-Log to Rec709 lut. I didn't find one labeled specifically for D-Cinelike. There appears to be some free ones on the internet. Which one do you use? Thanks!

I use the DLog-M+Rec709 lut. There’s no D-cinelike specific lut. You may have to tweak the colors a little. A lut only gives a general baseline.

I use the DLog-M+Rec709 lut. There’s no D-cinelike specific lut. You may have to tweak the colors a little. A lut only gives a general baseline.
Thanks, I'll try it soon as I've been recording D-Cinelike clips on my Osmo Pocket and H.265 Dlog-M clips on my M2P. Hopefully the two source clips will color grade in a similar manner. Cheers!

Been hunting for a LUT for my new Air2S so thank you for dropping this note in. Found it on the www and this one seems to be the most balanced to tone map LOG to 709. Can't count the number of 'aftermarket' LUTs on the market....looks like an easy way for folks to make a buck or two but there should be a DJI standard LUT for the 2S.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60