DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The top 4 things to check on your Mavic before takeoff.

Mayoor-uk

Reactions
I am going on holiday to Nepal soon and am trying to compile a check list before each flight.
1. Calibrate compass
2. Remove gimbal lock
3. Make sure RTH is set
4. Get a permit to fly from Nepalese aviation authority.
What else must I do to ensure I return with good memories?

Reactions: thombusc
Don't calibrate the compass unless the software tells you to do so, AND there is no obvious large metal objects within a few feet of the drone. If you sit the drone on your car, you will get a "Calibrate your compass" warning which should read "Move the drone away from the car."

Dji have changed the gimbal design so the lock supplied with the drone does not fit it properly and it wobbles whilst being transported. Might have to get one from Ebay or Amazon!

Dji have changed the gimbal design so the lock supplied with the drone does not fit it properly and it wobbles whilst being transported. Might have to get one from Ebay or Amazon!
What do you mean by this? Are you saying the lock that is provided is defective?

You're not doing it right. Lay it on it's back and push the camera to the back as you put in the lock to catch the back part of the camera, be gentle.

Charge your batteries

Reactions: Mayoor-uk
I am going on holiday to Nepal soon and am trying to compile a check list before each flight.
1. Calibrate compass
2. Remove gimbal lock
3. Make sure RTH is set
Just calibrate the compass ONLY ONCE after arrival at Nepal, as your new location is far from last calibration location and magnetic earth environment is different.
Calibrate again if asked by the GO app and after returning from holidays.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying the lock that is provided is defective?
Hi... the original gimbal had a little groove behind it which slotted into the gimbal lock. The newer design on gimbal does not have that groove so the lock is useless.

1. Calibrate compass
2. Remove gimbal lock
3. Make sure RTH is set

From the Everest (8848m or 29'000 ft) to the Annapurna (8091m 26'500 ft) it's all very high! :)
Be sure to setup your RTH height accordingly.
And please share with us those great footage.
Have fun there

Hi... the original gimbal had a little groove behind it which slotted into the gimbal lock. The newer design on gimbal does not have that groove so the lock is useless.

Interesting - I did not know this. My Mavic was built on Saturday, February, 11th 2017, and it has the style with the slot.

When did the newer one start shipping??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78