DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is Australia!! Where everything wants to KILL YOU!!

Simmo

Learning every day!!
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey fellow RPA/UAV/Drone pilots/operators!!

I am fortunate enough to live in the Lucky Country, albeit, I have to live up side down.... but thats ok, I'll get over it!!!
I am well aware, that people from all over the world, think that everything here in Oz, wants to KILL (or harm) YOU!!!
I live in the Tropics of Far North Queensland, many oversea's friends we have here say the climate and environment is pretty much world class.

But we have Crocodiles in the creeks and water ways competing with sharks too!!
Thens there's little jelly fish the size of a matchhead, that can ruin your day!
Stonefish that if stepped on will go through ya flip flop, and little Mosquitoes that can make ya drop!!!
Bats, that live in tree's, up the other way... they can kill ya too!!
Snakes... wow, we have a few...
Spiders.. yup.. they're not new..
Three vicious toes those Emus...
And they take stuff them dingoes...

What do you think the biggest animal killer is in Australia??

the weather as in drought

Reactions: Former Member
Hey fellow RPA/UAV/Drone pilots/operators!!

I am fortunate enough to live in the Lucky Country, albeit, I have to live up side down.... but thats ok, I'll get over it!!!
I am well aware, that people from all over the world, think that everything here in Oz, wants to KILL (or harm) YOU!!!
I live in the Tropics of Far North Queensland, many oversea's friends we have here say the climate and environment is pretty much world class.

But we have Crocodiles in the creeks and water ways competing with sharks too!!
Thens there's little jelly fish the size of a matchhead, that can ruin your day!
Stonefish that if stepped on will go through ya flip flop, and little Mosquitoes that can make ya drop!!!
Bats, that live in tree's, up the other way... they can kill ya too!!
Snakes... wow, we have a few...
Spiders.. yup.. they're not new..
Three vicious toes those Emus...
And they take stuff them dingoes...

What do you think the biggest animal killer is in Australia??

Oh I hope you’re not a travel agent for Australiao_O

Going by the thread we were in not to long ago I would say cows/bulls/ horses, something on those lines;)

Last edited:
Oh I hope you’re not a travel agent for Australiao_O

Going by by the thread we were in not to long ago I would say cows/balls/ horses, something on those lines;)
mis spelling again "Balls" as in Bulls you are getting as bad as me or maybe bells as in cow bells

Crocodile Dundee

Animal related deaths in Australia:

During the 10 year period in question there were 254 deaths in Australia identified as animal related. Let’s see who is responsible, starting with the biggest culprits:

• Horse, pony or donkey – 77 deaths
  • Cow, bull or bovine – 33 deaths
  • Dog – 27 deaths
  • Kangaroo – 18 deaths
  • Bee – 16 deaths
  • Shark – 16 deaths
  • Snake – 14 deaths
  • Crocodile – 9 deaths
  • Ostrich or emu – 5 deaths
  • Others, including fish, sheep, goats, camels, cats and jellyfish – 39 deaths

Not many spiders here will kill you. Ruin your day but not kill. Even the dreaded Red Back, which we have plenty of around our house, will probably only give you a LOT of pain.

My main worry is snakes, which there are a lot of everywhere, and sharks which seem to have gone from very rare killers to a death every few months around here. A couple of deaths on local beaches in recent months.

I find it hard to believe the number of deaths due to Kangaroos unless they count cars hitting Roos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_