Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This whole .8000 update is making my head hurt

works fine for me Litchi with new goapp4 firmware
turn off any power saving on phone
turn off usb debugging if it was on
close all other apps
avoid screen recorders as definitely caused app crashes for me
use a phone with some power 3gb and large internal if possible like 64 gb xioami note 4 ideal at 200 euros
delete go app or put in seeerate part of phone which you can with xioami phones
holographic setting should be off in camera in app settings within Litchi
fly away from any interference and cables , buildings, etc
put in airplane mode after caching maps, turns off data and wifi
good signal now!

DJI has proven to me that I don't want a future DJI product. I love my Mavic pre .4. I won't play their silly update game nor will I be tracked by a Chinese national company - which IS what they are now doing. That is why they required a change to the log-in procedures. The 50% of you that are generally crowd pleasers will find this perfectly acceptable. The rest of us won't. It's great no matter which group you are in. We are all different by nature. I strongly prefer unencumbered freedom to make my own choices. I'll be driving my own car long after autonomous cars are the rage. This is not just a nanny state issue, it's a central control state matter.

Or... perhaps it just people who actually mind being nannyed to death, have no intention of flying illegally, but think it is their responsibility, not some Chinese mega corporation to keep them out of what might sometimes be perfectly LEGAL and safe airspace.

Perhaps it is people who, after spending over a grand to own something, don't want to go find another internet connection to get permission from daddy DJI to fly, simply because they inadvertently closed their device app.

I get that you're perfectly ok with this trend, but many of us are not, and shouldn't be characterized as law breakers or inconsiderate, simply because we aren't,
I regret buying my Mavic because of it. There's alot of people I know who are not buying a dji because of it.

I regret buying my Mavic because of it. There's alot of people I know who are not buying a dji because of it.
I don't actually regret buying the Mavic because it is still a great piece of technology.

I am just hoping they will eventually get the message that their overreach might eventually begin costing them significant sales.

That is, after all, the only thing which will change their approach.

Reactions: bas4241
I havent flown with my phone for a while. But last weekend I did and its was prompting like crazy to update the firmware I have .400.
I had to quit my Go4 app and then turn the flight mode on and then re enable the Go4 app to fly.

I dont like to be forced to upgrade if I dont want to !!
Specially I noticed with .700 that I caught a lot of unwanted interference that from the .400 didnt.

So no I will not upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore