DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time for a career change!

Just because it is standard for them does not mean you have to accept it. Set your own standards that they must adhere to, if they want to do business with you! Attorneys charge a retainer upfront. Why do you think that is? Because it guarantees payment! ;)

It is not standard for them... it is standard for *everyone* other than business to consumer.
We do requre cash up front for first time orders for unknown customers but it is 30 days after that.

What industry are you in?
How big is your company?
Working for cash upfront suggests a one man band with cash flow problems.

It is not standard for them... it is standard for *everyone* other than business to consumer.
We do requre cash up front for first time orders for unknown customers but it is 30 days after that.

How big is your company?
Working for cash upfront suggests a one man band with cash flow problems.
If you happy being a banker to your clients, far be it from me to change your ways. Collections from big businesses are a major problem for small business owners, who should not be extending credit to major corporations. Attorneys still charge retainers with the largest of corporations as their clients, and send billing statements showing deductions from the retainer, rather than invoices. If the retainer has been exceeded, it must be replenished before any additional work can be done. Use attorneys as your role model. They could even sue for free, but they avoid the collection problem entirely. Booking fee upfront, balance upon delivery. No invoicing. If they need credit, tell them to get a loan, or pay with a CC. Simple.

If you happy being a banker to your clients, far be it from me to change your ways. Collections from big businesses are a major problem for small business owners, who should not be extending credit to major corporations. Attorneys still charge retainers with the largest of corporations as their clients, and send billing statements showing deductions from the retainer, rather than invoices. If the retainer has been exceeded, it must be replenished before any additional work can be done. Use attorneys as your role model. They could even sue for free, but they avoid the collection problem entirely. Booking fee upfront, balance upon delivery. No invoicing. If they need credit, tell them to get a loan, or pay with a CC. Simple.
the question was
how big is your company?
and where in the world are you?

the question was
how big is your company?
and where in the world are you?
The answers to your questions are irrelevant. I gave my advice for the OP. Do with it as you wish. It eliminates all collection problems, which are a major problem for small business owners dealing with businesses of all sizes. The advice is completely independent of the industry, company size, and location.

Last edited:
The answers to your questions are irrelevant. I gave my advice. Do with it as you wish. It eliminates all collection problems, which are a major problem for small business owners dealing with businesses of all sizes. The advice is completely independent of the industry, company size, and location.
my questions were highly relevant.
you would not survive in any B2B industry I know

That you have avoided the questions speaks volumes.

no just to any intelligent person in a B2B business
This is a Mavic drone pilot forum, comprised of hobbyists and small business drone pilots, the majority of whom are located in the United States. Here, we are not forced to be a banker to all our customers.

Last edited:
This is a Mavic drone pilot forum, comprised of hobbyists and small business drone pilots, the majority of whom are located in the United States. What B2B business are you in and on what continent, where you are apparently forced to be a banker to all your customers?

According to you it is irrelevant.
Just nswer the question
what business are you in?
Where?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23