DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tiny screen problems Mavic

smithlaw

Reactions
I'm currently using my old iPhone 6 with my Mavic Pro. The problem is - I can't really see the details of anything on the screen. I was trying to video a plane over the beach today but could not find it anywhere on the screen but I saw it with my naked eyes with no problem. Has anyone strapped a normal size iPad Air to their remotes and does it make it too cumbersome?

There's lots and lots of discussions/reviews about mounts you can place in the phone grip of the RC. Google away (you're right...phones don't cut it)

iPad mini fits in the holder but anything larger requires a tablet holder.
You will have to decide if the extra weight and diminished comfort are worth the extra screen real estate.

Rob

Reactions: Wersh
iPad mini fits in the holder but anything larger requires a tablet holder...

Depending on how old it is. I've got one that's *just* too old and is too fat to fit. :(

Has anyone strapped a normal size iPad Air to their remotes and does it make it too cumbersome?
While some tablets do fit in the remote controller arms, I found it's not as comfortable to hold the remote controller since the tablet is wedged between your forearms. There are lots of tablet mounts that can be used to hold the tablet above your arms (which is most comfortable for me). Here are a few commonly used tablet mounts:

Last edited:
I've used the skyreat with my iPad Air and it works fine. I've only used it a few times though as I prefer my phones smaller size weight. Iam sure once I get into more filming I'll start using the iPad again but iam still just having fun flying around now. I would suggest getting a sun shield though as I find it much harder to see my I pad screen in the sun because of size etc hard to maneuver it into a good spot. My phone can be hard to see as well iPhone 5, but can usually get it into some shade from my body, or tilt it in a better direction easier.

Reactions: smithlaw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78