DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips for passing part 107 test for FREEEEE?

black_magic100

Reactions
I am seriously looking into getting my part 107 license and am making this post to conglomerate all of the info on this topic as I know there have been similar posts in the past. However, often times people recommend classes that are worth more than the test itself! Soooo... with that being said... what is your exact study recommendations?

Reactions: Opabob
I like this one for a starter

You can find some commonly used free FAA Part 107 resources here.

I just passed mine last week and it was 95% sectional chart questions. The airspace altitude questions are tricky because some things are in MSL mean sea level and AGL above ground level.

The test prep is a great book to get plus you get 4-60 questions test the same as the 107 test. Also very good is the remote pilot FAA test prep App 29.00 but well worth it. It is all test in each part of the test and 60 question test same as the 107. GOOD LUCK
and take a good magnify glass with you when you take the test

Just passed the part 107 last month with a 93%! First off, the exam was much harder than expected. I had read others say you need to UNDERSTAND the concepts, not just know the rules. I underestimated that statement. Several questions were situation based, many of which were about tower inspections and altitude limits. For example, if you were hired to inspect a tower located on map here, and were flying at the maximum allowed altitude, what airspace authorization is required. You had to cross AGL/ MSL, know the airspace, how to read a chart, all for one questions. Another thing I noticed was that if you pay attention, some questions will help you answer other questions. Use all your resources. There was at least one question that I did not know, but was able to use the testing supplement to answer correctly. I did only self study with free materials and practice tests, but there were less than 5 questions that I had actually seen in all the practice tests. In addition to the FAA study guide, become very familiar with the testing supplement. I did not spend enough time studying the advisory circular. There is also a 3 page part 107 summary that i found just a day or two ago that got me at least one correct answer. I got several questions about required visibility and required distance from clouds that were not in the study guide. There were a few "trick" questions where they provided unnecessary extra information in the question which I did not expect on this test. Also, don't ignore all the weather acronyms in the study guide.

Here are my top two study/ practice sites:
https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/
Helping Individuals and Businesses Navigate Drone Law

Good luck!!!

Reactions: flockshot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member