DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips on how to start editing?

Lit Gimbal

Reactions
Hey everyone! I recently bought my Mavic 2 Zoom and signed up to the forum. So far, I have accomplished around 5 flights and got used to basic maneuvers within line of sight. Camera and its settings is a whole new world to discover (set on Auto now). Do you have any advice on how to start from scratch, what to use (have Microsoft PC) for editing program and what are even those color corrections all about. In addition, when you own a Zoom with the smart controller, it asks you to install 2 SD cards (one for controller and one for drone itself). Why is that and which one to use when editing on a PC? Would appreciate any help!
Cheers, Vincent

Last edited:
Just like drones and operating them, filming with them, etc, there are endless video tutorials on YouTube on editing, so many in fact you should search more specific, such as > edit drone video tutorials

I started with iMovie with iPad mini 4, then used DJI Go4 editor for adding music.
I’ve done only 30 - possibly 50 or so videos so far, and about to try LumaFusion.

Do you have any advice on how to start from scratch, what to use (have Microsoft PC) for editing program and what are even those color corrections all about.
You can find a list of commonly used editors here. Decide which is best for you and then head over to YouTube to find tutorials for that application.

I use Davinci Resolve for editing on a PC. It is a hungrey beast so you need a powerful graphic card and lots of memory. I posted a couple of months ago in the video thread a few tips for editing. The main lesson is to not use any video that you are not 100% happy with
BruceG

My tip is whatever program you choose spend time in messing around seeing what everything does and means etc, I just started using Final Cut Pro on Mac and I can see some YouTube tutorial watching in my future.

I am working on my first video edit as we speak of some of my first flight footage. Everything I learned thus far in a day of messing around has been just spending time in the program itself