DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Today is one of the happiest days I can remember

Mega Mavic DOM Edition (dirty old Mavic)

Im looking at designing a Mavic with second gimbal for SAR. One pilot can fly with the Mavics standard cam, and the other focus on whats on the ground with the aftermarket gimbal that can pan and tilt. After my CSAR (cat search and rescue) yesterday, I find it important for the pilot to be able to see in front, and a second observer to keep his eyes glued to the display pointing to the ground.

It will be an aftermarket add-on, which is an idea I got from fellow member @Cookedinlh who said it's ok for me to mention it in the forum.

Last edited:
I cant wait for camping season to start! Its still a bit cold here.

Here is a 360 Spherical Pano that I shot towards the end of last seasons camping season. Just a big dry lake bed to do all the standard camping stuff as well as Off Road vehicles, fireworks , Guns, Mavic flying , Exploring, etc.

If you look straight down and zoom in you can see my camping rig. :)
Dry Lake Bed Camping near Yerrington, NV/ Fort Churchill

1552604080985.png

I cant wait for camping season to start! Its still a bit cold here.

Here is a 360 Spherical Pano that I shot towards the end of last seasons camping season. Just a big dry lake bed to do all the standard camping stuff as well as Off Road vehicles, fireworks , Guns, Mavic flying , Exploring, etc.

If you look straight down and zoom in you can see my camping rig. :)
Dry Lake Bed Camping near Yerrington, NV/ Fort Churchill

View attachment 66000

Beautiful! Do you have a pottie in your rig? lol

I like dirty old mega cabs . And there baby wana be’s

I drive a clean new Subaru Outback. I get sneers from other Subaru owners who think that every Subaru should be dirty, on a farm, out camping, or in the Vermont snow with a ski rack on top of it. I just shrug my shoulders at them and say Im sorry!

Reactions: old man mavic
My favourite camping spot looks a lot different than yours . I take my canam maverick with us then we can go trail riding if we don’t want to just chill out .
0fdf7de21ea8d20c0f3c65d44fd76057.jpg

Absolutely! Pottie, shower, Outdoor shower. Portable Generator. Touchscreen PC mounted inside a cubby stocked with movies that I can send over HDMI cable to TV.

Next upgrade is to get one of those long extendable poles that I can mount on the back bumper and then mount a light on top of the pole. This is something I saw on another rig camping last season and when I asked the owner why she had it. She told me that it helps late at night in differentiating her rig from all the others that looks similar.

She camps often where there are many rigs packed in side by side and at night they all look the same.

Reactions: Former Member
My favourite camping spot looks a lot different than yours . I take my canam maverick with us then we can go trail riding if we don’t want to just chill out .

Oh, Ive done tons of spots that look just like that in the Tahoe and Surrounding areas! Sometimes its nice to get out where you can see miles in every direction and there is nobody nearby except for your camping buddies.

Reactions: Former Member
Absolutely! Pottie, shower, Outdoor shower. Portable Generator. Touchscreen PC mounted inside a cubby stocked with movies that I can send over HDMI cable to TV.

Next upgrade is to get one of those long extendable poles that I can mount on the back bumper and then mount a strobe on top of the pole. This is something I saw on another rig camping last season and when I asked the owner why she had it. She told me that it helps late at night in differentiating her rig from all the others that looks similar.

She camps often where there are many rigs packed in side by side and at night they all look the same.

Great idea. Or just stick a Mavic 2 ED up there. It has a strobe, but might be much more expensive than a strobe you can get at the dollar store.

I go camping we’re there won’t be anyone else unless friends come camping with us .
Last time the wife and I camped at that spot we only saw two people we didn’t know . 99% of the time it’s just our group and nobody else . Oh and endless trails to tour on and explore

I go camping we’re there won’t be anyone else unless friends come camping with us .
Last time the wife and I camped at that spot we only saw two people we didn’t know . 99% of the time it’s just our group and nobody else . Oh and endless trails to tour on and explore

Do you bring your 4 wheelers too?

Sometimes I get the itch to camp in what appears to be a remote forested area with 3 sides of forest and Lake Tahoe and then on one side across the street is a liquor store, Port Of Subs, Burger Joint with soft serve and shakes. I go across the street at night in my PJ's with my boonie hat on and carrying my Walkie Talkie so I can read off the entire menu at the burger joint to my girlfriend thats back inside the rig. "What would you like honey" :)

I get some interesting looks from passer-by's. LOL

I am amazed at how far present day walkie talkies can transmit and receive! They have come along way from when I was a kid !

I think I may be inadvertently transmitting on shortwave bands there is so much distance achievable. LOL

Stock Photo: Not my rig or setup. That is the Campground by the Lake I speak of though.
1552605492769.png

Reactions: Chip
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom