DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too hard to report item as a scam on eBay.

Dumeinao

Reactions
Geeze, I tried for 10 minutes to simply find a way to report this item as fraud on eBay. By the time I figured out the process, the last line before hitting submit is that I agree I am certifying myself as a law enforcement officer! :mad:

Seriously eBay?

Anyhow these seller(s) just showed up. Zero feedback, account created this month, and of course they are selling New or Slightly used Mavic 3s, in the box, no returns, and a notice that please allow 17 day shipments (so they can make sure they transfer you funds so they can never be returned}

EBay I guess has no interest in making a simple "Report this item as a scam". Genius.

I've bought drones off eBay with no problem, but this set off all my alarms.

Be careful out there.

Just a point, if ebay's T&C in the US are the same as those in the UK then the seller stating that returns are not accepted for this condition category, "Used", is pointless.
If the buyer considers the item to be "not as described" and wants to return the item then the item goes back at the seller's expense. eBay's T&C take precedence over anything the seller tries to impose.

Hawaii , Florida , Ohio all accounts opened a a few days apart so more red flags, and the reason the price is so low is that Ebay will not allow them to charge more than that because of zero selling history. Fishy for sure.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Run from the Fish.

None of these drones will ever be shipped so there are no returns to be factored into the equation.

I believe eBay makes it a bit more difficult to report an item so they don't have sellers reporting a bunch of items from their competitor. I realize we are passionate about drone but unless you are one of the victims, you'll spend forever trying to stop these scammers because they are everywhere and honestly, there isn't much anyone can do to stop them except use their head.

ebay has pretty good AI looking out. Check a lot of these completed listings and you'll see they have been removed or closed or otherwise dealt with.

The worse comes when you sell your own legitimate goods and the scammers come looking to steal your stuff and pay you with stolen credit cards.

None of these drones will ever be shipped so there are no returns to be factored into the equation.

I believe eBay makes it a bit more difficult to report an item so they don't have sellers reporting a bunch of items from their competitor. I realize we are passionate about drone but unless you are one of the victims, you'll spend forever trying to stop these scammers because they are everywhere and honestly, there isn't much anyone can do to stop them except use their head.

ebay has pretty good AI looking out. Check a lot of these completed listings and you'll see they have been removed or closed or otherwise dealt with.

The worse comes when you sell your own legitimate goods and the scammers come looking to steal your stuff and pay you with stolen credit cards.
Yikes, I've heard of that selling issue. I agree you just have to keep your wits about you. I just feel bad that someone might fall for it. I can see a no-returns on a legit item, but I guess you have to let their anti-fraud kick in as well.

Reactions: Honk
"If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". This has been my life statement and has paid off more times than I can count.

I've never had a problem with E-Bay in buying online.
They stand behind the buyer in everyway, from soap to tools and everything in between.
Just my .02

Reactions: MS Coast
Yes I’ve been seeing these strange ‘deals’ on eBay. As a long-term user, I’ve learned to stay away from these kinds of offerings. I looked at one of the listings from above and see that there is a ‘report this item’ button (on the iPhone app). Maybe try to report it that way?

The only way to get results, go to Googles and give a one " * " rating to eBay and complain, then some others sites. You will be surprised as you get attention !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman