DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Took my Mavic to Mexico for a camping trip. Short surf video.

kayakhipster

Reactions

I thought the Mavic was great, until this trip. We explored a Canyon in Chiapas, and the Mavic easily fit with my gear in my kayak. That video will take me a while to edit - but the footage was incredible.

The biggest thing though, I had it packed with 3 batteries ready to fly at a moment's notice in my day bag for the entire trip. It's incredible how versatile and easy to carry this thing is.

Anyway, the morning before I had to head back we got the chance to play in some waves for an hour, so I followed my buddy around from the air. This was a compilation of that morning's footage.

The Mavic is truly a game changer. I keep saying that, but this trip made it sink in.

Fantastic video, its great how versatile the Mavic is that it allows you to fit it in around our other passions in life and capture them like this.
Great film.

Very cool Video, nice switch of camera angles, mavic sure allows videos to be more dynamic! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Absolutely. It's great to see how each flyer gets to include aerial footage in their own type of adventure. For us it establishes such a different perspective that we're not used to. It's also fantastic for analyzing technique - you see the entire body motion at once rather than the usual low angle with a GoPro super wide.

Cheers!

This was done professionally by GoPro.

I love how you managed to color grade so that the alternating camera footage - may it be action cams on the boat or Mavic- looks like originating from the same source!

I love how you managed to color grade so that the alternating camera footage - may it be action cams on the boat or Mavic- looks like originating from the same source!

It's time consuming but essential when you shoot from different cameras. Otherwise you lose that continuity. It's helpful to start with flat profiles across all your devices, and then when color grading start with the same correction profile and adjust as needed to keep them cohesive. It'll never be perfect, especially as they move around so much and the sun direction changes non stop. But if you use overall a similar feel, you can get away with it not being perfect. Glad it worked for you though, that's what I was trying to do.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum