DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Toss it in your backpack

Fixaldo

Reactions
Made a small film to showcase half a year with the Mavic. The best deal with this drone is, by far… you can carry it with you anywhere. Yes, the codec could be better and so on, but I wouldn’t have half of the footage I got if I had chosen a phantom or inspire drone.

I was this close buying a P4P back then, but made the decision for mobility vs image quality and went with the Mavic. Now after about 6 months I know it was the right choice.

Toss it in your backpack and make that shot.

Very nice! I love the tilt-shift effect on some of those! I must say after purchasing my Mavic my Inspire 1 Pro doesn't get much flight time anymore for the very same reasons.

Very nice! I love the tilt-shift effect on some of those! I must say after purchasing my Mavic my Inspire 1 Pro doesn't get much flight time anymore for the very same reasons.
I hear you!

I found it ironic that we have to do such a great afford in post to make Mavic pro footage look nice, compare to P4P or the inspire drones that is. But now with the new Spark drone, it kinda make more sense.

Spark is for the common, that don’t want to use time in post-production but get a great picture out of the box. Mavic is more robust flying machine but IMHO it’s not for people who don’t want to spend time in post. If done carefully, it will yield great result up to and is some cases compared with P4P and some of the inspire drones. Sometimes a hit or miss contest. But then again, with the Mavic you got the footage. Now let’s hope the tech guys at DJI can ramp up the bitrate in a firmware update, and it will be perfect tool for the time being IMHO.

How are you adding the tilt-shift?
Great video!

Made a small film to showcase half a year with the Mavic. The best deal with this drone is, by far… you can carry it with you anywhere. Yes, the codec could be better and so on, but I wouldn’t have half of the footage I got if I had chosen a phantom or inspire drone.

I was this close buying a P4P back then, but made the decision for mobility vs image quality and went with the Mavic. Now after about 6 months I know it was the right choice.

Toss it in your backpack and make that shot.

Very nice.

do you shoot at +1,-1,-1 or 0,-1,-1
Hi,

That’s a great question..

I have changed settings many times. But digging back into memory..

For sharpness: Most of the shoots it done 0 to +1 sharpens except the ones from Shanghai (tall buildings and fireworks) witch was shoot with -1 sharpness and profile ART (horrible mistake). Most ski shots is with +1 maybe some in the 0.

Colour/Contrast: normally 0,0 or -1,-1. (I don’t want to go too far because of limited colour gamut.)

For profile: A lot of the them is surprisingly done with standard profile +1,-1,-1 or 0,0,0. But some DLOG +1,-1,-1 and as mentioned ART -1,-1,-1.

A hot tip is to use something called Logarist Video Color Correction . Simply, it helps you to transform your footage into a LOG file similar to a RAW on a DSLR or professional cinema camera. It makes colour grading much much easier if you are familiar with DSLR RAW files. You don’t gain any extra data with this, no tricks, only make it easy to grade in post.

Loved it!! Wish i could travel to all these places. I get home from work and get on here and look at all the new videos from around the world. Better than any T.V. show. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Great job.

Loved it!! Wish i could travel to all these places. I get home from work and get on here and look at all the new videos from around the world. Better than any T.V. show. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Great job.
Thanks! competing with the tv is not what I’m used to hehe. Most of the shots are taken close by where I live. A lot of weekend trips. Short travel is often underestimated.

Fixaldo, this one and all others you posted in the forum, your work looks great..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan