DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trembling thumbs with Mavic controller

I've been flying RC heli's for over 10 years, and found that for precise control, I've developed the habit of pinching the sticks instead of just flying with thumbs... I realised a long time ago that I tend to "over control" i.e. go over where I want the stick to be when I'm just using thumbs... Even though the Mavic controller is a bit cramp for pinching, I've managed to get used to pinching the sticks with thumb and forefinger with the third fingers resting on the wheels for gimbal/exposure control. I haven't found the need to use the C1/C2 buttons so it hasn't been an issue with my hand position on the controls.

That said, a lanyard to help with holding the weight of the controller is essential.

Get yourself a sqish ball and spend an hour a day at ten minute intervals squeezing that ball with your left hand and after a week you wont have the problem anymore.

I get the same thing, but not on the sticks. It invariably happens with the left hand side thumb wheel when moving the gimbal up and down. Drives me bananas!

I've never really used thumbs but pinch the sticks more.
Rest hand or side of fingers on the controller which makes it far easier to make a constant steady input in any directions.

I have the same problem. I thought it might be nerves at first, but I'm generally a calm relaxed person, and I take to tech and machinery really easily.

I think some posters have already mentioned the solution. It's about having somewhere to rest your thumbs. Maybe someone can come up with something to put on the controller to help out.

I am considering getting a fishing chair so resting a bit on my lap, I think that it will become even more important to sit when I'll get the goggles. It is encouraging at least to know that I am in good company with this problem.

I also think that Dji should allow to have a "custom slow rate" button or something, kind of a beginner mode but with no distance limits that you can switch on and off quickly.
The tripod mode is too slow on wider maneuvers and reducing the general settings is making it too slow when you are just moving from A to B to get in place for the shot.
Is there a way to submit such a request and having that endorsed by the community?

Will you guys vote that?

Reactions: Huddy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569