DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tri-Strobe Nav Compliant 3 Strobe Setup.

ImpConcepts

Reactions
Here is my Tri-Strobe Nav Compliant Strobon Strobe Mount set for the Mavic. The Rear (White) Mount can be reversed to point upwards of desired. This is Full Sun and I am NOT a good Video Taker and Simultaneous Flyer. These require No Velcro. Strobes clip into place and can be charged in place.

http://www.impconcepts.com/video/Strobes.mp4

Attachments

• IMG_7854 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7854 (Medium).JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_7858 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7858 (Medium).JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7863 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7863 (Medium).JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Nice. I like the innovation.

I did the same, but used a little square of Velcro to attach them underneath the "armpits", and on the tail. When removed, everything folds normally.

There do not need any Velcro. They are a holder style where the strobes just clip in. Either way does the job.

What do these strobe lights flashing do to your video recordings, especially the front mounted ones. It would be nice if you could remotely activate them, so they only flash when you want them to.

What do these strobe lights flashing do to your video recordings, especially the front mounted ones. It would be nice if you could remotely activate them, so they only flash when you want them to.
They have no effect when airborne.

They only reflect when on the ground or close to something.

Here is my Tri-Strobe Nav Compliant Strobon Strobe Mount set for the Mavic. The Rear (White) Mount can be reversed to point upwards of desired. This is Full Sun and I am NOT a good Video Taker and Simultaneous Flyer. These require No Velcro. Strobes clip into place and can be charged in place.

http://www.impconcepts.com/video/Strobes.mp4
Those are very nice looking.

Yes Nave Rules are Red Left, Green right and White Rear. Yes the pic is reversed as I took it upside down, but it is reversible of course.

Very nice mounts BUT I have to ask, it seems like the way they are mounted is great if you fly directly overhead.
But how visible are they when you are 1000 feet away at 400 feet altitude?
For maximum visibility, I believe the Strobons need to point more or less directly toward you.
At least that is what I have found with my Strobon.
THAT is much more important to me.
Can the mounts be made in such a way that the Strobons are pointing straight forward or backwards.
I was thinking 2 white ones in front and 2 red ones in the back like the headlights and tailights on a car.

Very nice mounts BUT I have to ask, it seems like the way they are mounted is great if you fly directly overhead.
But how visible are they when you are 1000 feet away at 400 feet altitude?
For maximum visibility, I believe the Strobons need to point more or less directly toward you.
At least that is what I have found with my Strobon.
THAT is much more important to me.
Can the mounts be made in such a way that the Strobons are pointing straight forward or backwards.
I was thinking 2 white ones in front and 2 red ones in the back like the headlights and tailights on a car.

You can put them any direction you want really. I designed these pointing down as I usually fly overhead and not so far I cannot see them and honestly prefer hem that way. They could as easily be pointing forward or bavkwards. With the 5 Strobe set I made I have 2 Reds on the left and 2 greens on the right and one White center rear (Pointing up or down it is adjustable).

With the New Cree light you can pretty much see them from any angle from dusk onwards.

Reactions: Jeff48
You can put them any direction you want really. I designed these pointing down as I usually fly overhead and not so far I cannot see them and honestly prefer hem that way. They could as easily be pointing forward or bavkwards. With the 5 Strobe set I made I have 2 Reds on the left and 2 greens on the right and one White center rear (Pointing up or down it is adjustable).

With the New Cree light you can pretty much see them from any angle from dusk onwards.
so YOU are selling them? how much to ship to Venice, FL?

I am in Florida too. However, it is against the forum rules for ME to post a link to them on this site. They are on my website. But I believe other have recommended and posted the link on other posts.

Last edited:
When I first learned to fly, the mnemonic to remember which side the strobes were on was there's "no port (wine) left".

When I first learned to fly, the mnemonic to remember which side the strobes were on was there's "no port (wine) left".

When I was first sailing around the Caribbean, I used to remember them by "Red Left Port" & And "Red Right Returning". Similar.

I've always heard Red Right Ready, meaning if the red is on the right its headin toward you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli