DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble with Control and Video Downlink Connection

CodyLoco

Reactions
Hey guys! New here but been stalking for a few weeks now :)

I've had my Mavic for about 3 weeks or so now and have been having trouble. I fly with a OnePlus 3 Android phone and have dealt with the regular problems where the app crashes. Found that the trick was to let the USB connection trigger launching the app and it's been much better - however...

8329721173499628860-account_id=2.png

I'm still seeing problems with video transmission back to the phone. Sometimes it works nearly flawless; but sometimes it's basically unusable. It's not an RF issue because I've seen the problem pop up even when the quad is landed 5 feet away from me. It happens in both Go 4 and Litchi.

I'd assume that it's a software issue with my Android phone; and not that big of a deal; but I've also had 3 incidents now where the Mavic completely looses control and video signal. Every time I have had clear LOS and it hasn't been too far away. The last time it happened the quad was about 300' away, in the middle of the mountains with no external interference at all and five bars on both control and video while trying to take some panorama shots in Litchi. The time before, I was flying away from myself filming in Go 4; again with full bars on both control/video. In that case, the drone turned around and I could clearly see I had LOS back.

This makes me wonder - do I have defective drone or controller?

Any input is welcome - it's pretty frustrating. It makes it very stressful to fly, thinking at any moment it could randomly drop signal and initiate RTH ascending into an obstacle...

Here's some new issues I've seeing now with my gimbal; take a look at this videoI took a few days ago:
1495068878429.mp4

Today I went to fly and my video was slanted at like 45*. I've had a few cases where the gimbal stops balancing and follows the motions of the drone. I brought it down and looked at it closely, didn't see it stuck on anything. Tried to do a gimbal calibration, and it didn't work - stopped at 31%. I left it there for about 10 minutes and it wasn't doing anything, so I power cycled the Mavic and started again. This time it was able to calibrate the gimbal.

What the heck is going on?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78