DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying something different...

What's different about going around in circles over a busy freeway? Maybe description needed here.

Looks nice Kim,

If i can make a comment, i would adjust the gimbal speed for smoother pan and tilt.
Love the music, The xXx

Fly safe and have fun!

Looks nice Kim,

If i can make a comment, i would adjust the gimbal speed for smoother pan and tilt.
Love the music, The xXx

Fly safe and have fun!

Would have some suggested value to use for the gimbal speed? I could use some help. :)

Thanks in advance.

another one for the FAA task force :(

Flying over the freeway, totally illegal.

Would have some suggested value to use for the gimbal speed? I could use some help. :)

Thanks in advance.

In Go app:
Gimbal smoothtrack 25
Yaw expo 0.20
Yaw end srop 50
Gimbal speed 25

And there is a gimbal setting in app to, forgot the name.

Reactions: DJ Kim
Flying over the freeway, totally illegal.

Really? I don't recall seeing any restrictions regarding that anywhere. do you have any reference? I'm just curious.
I just did another search on that. I couldn't find any clear guidance on roads/highway.

please help.

Really? I don't recall seeing any restrictions regarding that anywhere. do you have any reference? I'm just curious.
I just did another search on that. I couldn't find any clear guidance on roads/highway.

please help.

Would you like to have a drone hit your front window / car while going down the freeway, and have the fright of youre life and do a uncontrolled stearing input. ;)

Would you like to have a drone hit your front window / car while going down the freeway, and have the fright of youre life and do a uncontrolled stearing input. ;)

haha, I understand.
I completely get the common sense fly safe thing.
flying dangerous, reckless and unsafe is one thing. but illegal is completely another matter, right?

I was curious on the legal code because as far as I know, I don't remember seeing any prohibition about that.

Last edited:
Simplest form would be classed as 'groups of people'. If you're new to drones I'd strongly advise you check out the FAA UAS articles.

Simplest form would be classed as 'groups of people'. If you're new to drones I'd strongly advise you check out the FAA UAS articles.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I hope you can understand.
We actually do a bunch of work for FAA and pretty familiar with the regulations, both civilian and military.
by no means, the "groups of people" translates to "illegal" automatically when it comes highway as far as our experience with FAA.

when you throw out a simple & blanket statement like "totally illegal", I'm curious on any reference regulations.
Do you have the FAA USA articles that you are speaking of? I'd love to look it up.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Okay I digress, its fine Kim keep buzzing the traffic.... It's not illegal. I'm sure that family in the 4x4 that swerves suddenly to avoid the Mavic plunging towards them will be fine. During the coroners inquest you can use the above statement.

I'm no expert on the FAA and in fact I'm currently based in the UK, over hear we use the 'common sense' approach.

Happy flying :D:rolleyes:

@UAVMan. Just looked at your webpage. I think common sense is a great thing for flying drones, but what gives you the right to call someone out for flying over cars on a road when you are filming concerts and such in which you are flying over peoples heads or flying over heads to take pictures of a wedding couple. All is common sense out in the world, some choose to see it and others choose to ignore it.

Dont worry about replying, this is just my 2 cents. Fly safe and have fun!

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Reactions: Mavikhan
Every Single Time

If y'all keep it up no one is ever going to ask for help or opinions which will not bode well for those needing it.

Can you not just REFRAIN FROM POSTING?

It's really quite irritating.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

@UAVMan. Just looked at your webpage. I think common sense is a great thing for flying drones, but what gives you the right to call someone out for flying over cars on a road when you are filming concerts and such in which you are flying over peoples heads or flying over heads to take pictures of a wedding couple. All is common sense out in the world, some choose to see it and others choose to ignore it.

Dont worry about replying, this is just my 2 cents. Fly safe and have fun!

BAN HIM!

;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I thought Kim's video was very nice and liked how people helped out to give a smoother video. Wasnt saying anything bad to Kim at all. I am also like you that are tired of people just hopping on to here to say this or this is illegal. [emoji6]

Reactions: DJ Kim

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan