DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to decide which Mavic to go for (now my Yuneec Q500+ camera gimbal failed)

Andy.C

Reactions
Ok to introduce myself. I have owned my Yuneec Q500+ for 3 years. I also recently passed my on-line drone competency course and am a member of the BMFA.
The camera gimbal has finally failed on my drone and this model (CG02+) is no longer supported.
To be honest I'm sick of the shear size of it and have been looking at something more compact but with a decent camera.
For my normal photography I use a Nikon D600 DSLR and have always been disappointed with the picture quality of my Yuneec Q500+ so at the back of my mind I was looking for the right time to upgrade to something decent.
I have been looking at many youtube video's and now deciding which model Mavic to go for.
So the Mavic air 2 or mavic 2 pro?
I was surprised that the Mavic air 2 seems to have a better quality picture? What are everyone's thoughts and experience on this?
I was also thinking of buying this along with the "fly more kit". I definitely need more than one battery when out and about and a decent carry case. Do you think this is good value?
Finally glad to find this forum and hoping to get some good advice.
:)

Its depends on a few things. You will get better stills out of a Pro 2. And you will have the option for the Smart Controller, which I recommend. They say they may do a firmware upgrade to make the Air 2 compatible with the Smart Controller, but I don't know when. If you are looking to save some money but still get solid stills and video, the Air 2 would be a great choice. If you would like, feel free to shoot us a message and we can get you some quotes on some different packages and get you into the set up that's right for you!

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Without a doubt, the Mavic 2 Pro! I recently did an aerial photography gig for a real estate friend, and I finally felt great about the goods I delivered for the money.

Welcome to the forum. I fly the MA2 and have enjoyed many flights. We started with building quads and the I bought the Yuneec Q500+ and had plenty of fun. We had the "big" case, extra batteries, chargers, all accessories, but in time it became a chore to lug around. When i came upon the MA, it changed everything for me. My nephew got the Yeneec and now I (we) are enjoying the portability of the MA, MM and the MA2. You will find much support and advice here. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hi, and welcome.

I would go with the Mavic 2 Pro personally. The only thing to say is that (as always) there are rumours of a Mavic Pro 3 at some point. It might be next month, or next year or never. There are only unfounded rumours and guesswork regarding potential specifications. I suspect we are some months away personally, as there are no "Official leaks" at the moment. We knew a lot about the Mavic Mini, and the Air 2 some time before launch. But nothing on the Mavic 3 right now.

Thank you everyone for welcoming me to this forum. Also to the rapid response with my choice of what to buy.
I have been watching quite a few "youTube" video's to see the comparisons. This one "
" The MA2 seems to have better picture quality than the M2P or am I missing something? It's a nice dilemma to have though!
Considering the price difference I was expecting the image quality to be better on the "pro" version? In any case both are far superior to the massive Q500+ that I hardly used. Also by the looks of things so much easier to fly!

Welcome to the form, I too have a Yuneec Q500+, and feel your pain the size of it. I also have the M2pro and honestly was one of the best decisions I made in a new drone (for the $). Although they say the video may be slightly better than the M2P, I don't see it. In addition to the handling and versatility of the M2P, its a better bang for the buck. Definitely get the fly more kit, extra batteries, charging system, propellers, and a case when space is an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny