DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

U.S. - Some interesting info regarding BVLOS, Night Flying and Flying over people.

spsphotos

Reactions
Keep in mind it's still just a Proposal and won't be submitted until AFTER Remote ID is finalized which is still a ways off.

These new "allowances" are a good ways off still.

One other key factor to keep in mind... If, I repeat IF there is a UAS to human accident before these allowances are finalized you can rest assured they will never make it into the final draft of the proposal.

FLY Smart and Fly SAFE!!!

I'm not sure of the date of this article. I just sent Jonathan a text to see.

But the FAA has been saying for a while that the new rules that are covered in the NPRM will be out this month. Stay tuned...

Reactions: dronerdave
Doesn’t apply to me my drone can’t meet this requirement:
No exposed rotating parts that could lacerate human skin.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Jonathan posted this when the NPRM came out. He thinks later December or early January.

Doesn’t apply to me my drone can’t meet this requirement:
No exposed rotating parts that could lacerate human skin.
These aren't the requirements, they're just the NPRM. New rules will be announced this month.

Taken From FAA drone regulation PDF.
6. Do not fly at night unless your drone has lighting that allows you to know its location and orientation at all times.

Taken From FAA drone regulation PDF.
6. Do not fly at night unless your drone has lighting that allows you to know its location and orientation at all times.
Could you link to that?

That wording isn't in 14 CFR 107 or 44809. The FAA is notorious for publishing vague summaries of rules.

That's not what he asked. He asked about the FAA which is US. I'll ask nicely please don't be rudely sarcastic especially when it didn't pertain to you.

Reactions: bobj151
The term "FAA" is nowhere in the post that I addressed. Please don't be so overly sensitive about something so trivial.
There was nothing you added of use in this thread so if nothing to add relevant to the OP’s thread there is no need in posting
And that goes to all in this thread.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt