DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY (CAA) DRONE COMPETENCY TEST

Crusader14

Reactions
I was wondering; there must be a website which shows all the questions that the CAA ask in the competency test along with the answers. Anyone offer help on this? Thanks in advance.

just go on the CAA website go to the registration and test section and its all there ,its 20 questions and its all based on the drone code

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Thanks. My question asked if there was a “website which shows all the questions that the CAA ask in the competency test along with the answers.” Not where can I fine the drone and model aircraft code.
Thanks for your help tho but still looking.

Not that I've come across, but I've not looked either. Most of us here seemed to do the test pretty early after it was introduced and got the same 20 questions, albeit possibly in randomised order, and AFIAK no one had any difficulty passing (or at least noone owned up to failing).

All of the questions were pretty much common sense, and it's a multichoice "open book" test, with the answers quite literally taken directly from the CAA site linked by The Cyborg, above. As is common with multi-choice tests, at least one of the options can be eliminated immediately (or after you stop laughing in some cases). You do need to read some of the questions carefully to understand *exactly* what it's asking you, e.g. standard exam practice, and it covers safety aspects as well as the more obvious stuff like distances, so you'll need to know more than just the contents of the Drone Code poster.

Seriously, if you can't spend 15-minutes reading through the source material then pass then exam at your first attempt, then you probably shouldn't be flying a drone.

Thanks. My question asked if there was a “website which shows all the questions that the CAA ask in the competency test along with the answers.” Not where can I fine the drone and model aircraft code.
Thanks for your help tho but still looking.

it strikes me that you would prefer to put effort into cheating rather than taking the time to read and understand the regs. This doesn’t show you in a good light and perhaps this isn’t the hobby for you.

Reactions: Lauee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio