DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK insurers for the Mavic?

M4RK

Reactions
Seen lots of guys in the US discussing insurance options other than DJI Refresh...

Has anyone in the UK looked at any UK based insurers?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Seen lots of guys in the US discussing insurance options other than DJI Refresh...

Has anyone in the UK looked at any UK based insurers?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

+1 I'd be interested too
I did have a look last year, - more in case it flys away and can't be found, will still get dji cover as well - but they are very thin on ground and seem to cover very little with lots of caviats , so I'm thinking of going to one of these private broker types who will find insurance for anything or any risk and go from there, although that route may be prohibitively expensive.

Hopefully more mainstream insurance companies and brokers will start offering decent cover like they do for phones etc

Reactions: M4RK
Haven't found one. You can get liability insurance from joining a model flyers club but would also be interested in buying a policy.
I work for a Lloyds broker and thinking about it with my work hat on it isn't a good risk. Can't see too many players entering the marketplace.

You won't fine any, I've done lots of research into this. You'll only get insurance if you're a commercial drone flyer.

Other than that, worth touch base with your house insurance as they often cover for items outside of your home.

As for liability insurance, again you might want to touch base with your home insurance

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Haven't found one. You can get liability insurance from joining a model flyers club but would also be interested in buying a policy.
I work for a Lloyds broker and thinking about it with my work hat on it isn't a good risk. Can't see too many players entering the marketplace.

Yeah I thought that too at first, but they seem to have no issues - and seemingly at reasonable cost - in other countries like the US, and by their very nature the majority of the people who would go to the trouble of buying such an expensive drone then getting insurance for it would tend -in most cases - to take great care of it, probably much like they would there pet or pets.

So don't see why it's any difference to a high value bicycle or classic car or even a very expensive phone , and probably lower risk return than any of them especially the car - or even the bike.

That's just my opinion of course, but sure there is probably more to it

I did have the liability cover with BMFA last year but didn't renew. Just called Aviva to check my contents cover. Drone covered up to £2,000 plus public liability!

No need for a separate policy.

Reactions: Soundtekk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78