DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to calibrate vision sensors

Finally got mine to work using my wife's Macbook Air and lowering the resolution to 1280 x 800. It has been stopping at 85% as others had pointed out.

A couple other notes.

First, I probably needed to do this in the first place because, as someone else pointed out, I had removed all of the little clear plastic protective stickers over all of the vision sensing cameras. Second, I first tried with my MacBook Pro (late 2016) using a USB port in my Thunderbolt display. The Mavic did connect using that USB connection but I couldn't get the monitor to display the dots. Possibly because, as others have pointed out, it doesn't work when you have two monitors. Or maybe I just needed to scale down my large display to a much lower resolution.

Second, I was unable to find a USB connection that would work with my MacBook Pro which only has USB-C connectors. I tried a couple of adapters but the connection didn't work. Note that it did work when I plugged the USB cable into the back of my Thunderbolt display when in turn is connected to my MacBook Pro through a Thunderbolt 3 dock. So maybe I could have achieved a serviceable USB connection with different adapters or using that dock without the larger secondary display attached.

Bottom line, lowering the resolution appears to make a big difference. (And, BTW, 2 separate calls to tech support provided no suggestions that I try this. Had it not been for this forum I would still be searching for an answer!)

Been getting a recurring error regarding vision sensors. Happens intermittently so I just kept recalibrating from the app. Yesterday it decided the app wasn't enough and instructed me to recalibrate from the Assistant desktop app.

And the nightmare begins...

I update Assistant 2 and fire it up- firmware check, all is well. Click calibrate and the fun begins. It won't start the calibration process... it just sits there, grey start button, wheel spinning...

I disconnect one of my monitors- success! It goes to the calibration screen and... nothing. The calibration pattern never appears. I switch monitors- nothing. I am completely stuck and don't have another computer lying about.

I have a Mac Pro running 10.11.6 with dual quad core CPUs and 32gb RAM. And before you say, "update your OS" -I can't without some hacks that I just haven't had time to get around to (my CPU is "out of date" according to 's updater and can't run that newest OS)

So aside from just using a different machine (not an option anytime soon) is there a trick to getting the pattern to appear that I am unaware of? I'm running the display at naitive resolutions so surely that cannot be the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I had the same problem, then it asked me what size my monitor was and when I put it exact it worked.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito